How far along am I really? Is the measurement rt? 31 or 33??

Okay so my doctor, SO and I figured that I may have gotten pregnant in March and based on that assumtion I would be 31 weeks..BUT yesterday when i went to the doctor my stomache measured at 33 weeks. Im no where near over weight or anything so this could not be just that I am getting bigger...what do you think?? Did you have this happend to you?? *I wasent sure weather I had my period in Feb. or not because I was on the pill and it made me very irregular, thats why we didnt know when I got prego...*

moodymommy193

Asked by moodymommy193 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sometimes you just measure bigger i was 2 weeks ahead for a lil while and now im back to normal i think anyways lol but it doesnt mean your any farther along just moving along faster then you would think
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm measuring 3 weeks bigger than I am and it's not from weight gain, but it could be a possible growth spurt from the baby- or the baby was positioned in a funny way. Just stick with the original due date, and if your lo comes a bit early you'll have a happy surprise (as long as it's not too early).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Fundal height has no bearing on due dates. I doubt many people measure exactly on schedule throughout their whole pregnancy. I was a couple of centimeters small for a few visits, and then I started being a couple of centimeters big. It has more to do with how baby is positioned than anything else; my doctor got very different measurements one time in one visit just because the baby moved. The best measurement to go by as far as due dates go is the first ultrasound, that's usually the most accurate.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009