SEPARATION ANXIETY

I AM HAVING A VERY HARD TIME DEALING WITH MY KIDS GROWING UP AND LEAVING. I THINK THEY CALL THIS THE EMPTY NEST SYNDROME. MY DAUGHTER, HER HUSBAND AND MY TWO GRANDCHILDREN HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH ME FOR 3 YEARS AND NOW HE HAD TO GO TO ANOTHER STATE TO LOOK FOR WORK. HE IS COMING TO PICK UP MY DAUGHTER AND THE TWO CHILDREN FOR AT LEAST 6 WEEKS. I FEEL LIKE I AM DYING INSIDE

LUVMYBABIES06

Asked by LUVMYBABIES06 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I too have the same problem. 2 years ago when my oldest started kindergarten, I was like going crazy inside and got mad so easily. Last year, two of them were gone, I was even going to keep the 2nd one homeschool. This year, they both are at school all day and I still have one more left home with me... It's nice and quiet but I still wish they could be all home with me. Call me crazy or what?
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 8:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We just have to learn how to let go... it's part of the life of being a parent...
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 8:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• how selfish can you be to think of yourself when you should be supporting your child's life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• One note. Would you want them to feel bad for growing up? Then find a way to cope, or at some point they might leave for good. How do I know this ? I married a person that could not stand the expectations of parents and the need they had to be involved in every aspect of his life. Being a parent is letting go a little bit at a time until they are ready to fly solo. It is hard being a parent in the end it should be about you and the father and the child free to be whatever they wish once they are legal adults. A Mother Understanding what it Takes, and not Perfect.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If you feel the need to care 7/24 be a nurse. but even sick people want to get better and leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2009