Does it urt your feelings wen your husband dosen't eat the supper you made?

Last night, he came home went right to bed, and didnt eat. Tonight, he said it tastes bad, and isnt eating. I hate when he does that, it hurts my feelings!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not the type to get hurt over that. Not saying you're wrong...there's no such thing as a wrong feeling.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Oh Sweetie I'm sorry. In my situation no it doesn't bother me when he doesn't eat because odds are I am not impressed with what I cooked either (lol Chef I am NOT!). I think he could put it more gentler, but would you prefer for him to pretend that he likes it and you keep cooking the same thing? I would prefer the honesty, gentle honesty that is.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes it hurts my feelings. and I tell DH that. he straightens up after I tell him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I can'tr say that has ever happened here except if he came home feeling sick. You feel how you feel who is to say that is wrong. Have you tried talking to him about it? Maybe he could tell you what about it tasted bad. Too spicey? Too bland? He doesn't like XYZ ingredient. If he could give youi some guidance it might help. you certainly wouldn't cook something he doesn't like on purpose and expect him to eat it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Actually..now that Im thinking about it my husband did the exact opposite. I didn't find out till we had been married 6 years that he preferred his bacon soft fried. When I found out I was really angry that he hadn't just told me. sheesh, haven't thought about that in years.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• After 17 years my husband has learned to like it or cook for himself. Let him come home to a bowl of cereal a few nights. Now if I know he doesn't like something like meatloaf I wouldn't fix it or he may say it's to spicey or salty I would prepare a little differently. If he's just rude forget it.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 8:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I am very overly sensitive.... it would crush me... I'd never wanna cook 4 him again!!!!

I've made a few flops over the yrs for my DH..... he choked down every bite, no matter how gruesome. I've learned things now, on whether or not to make it again in the future, because he lies and says everything is delicious. If he's hitting the salt, butter, pepper, not having 2nd, etc... I know that recipe can go into the toss pile
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• omg my bf does that to me all the time i cook dinner and he knows im cookin and he lays down and goes to sleep till like 9 or 10 it makes me so mad
    rach1369

Answer by rach1369 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Ask him what he likes to eat that home cooked. Ask him what his mother cooked that he liked growing up. Or just buy frozen dinners. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My ex use to do that to me,I would have something fixed and if he didnt like it he would go out and get a hamburger and leave me and the kids at home.it hurt at first but I enentually got to the point to where if he wants something then get it.
    Stinkerbelle71

Answer by Stinkerbelle71 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009