Did we almost get attacked today? What was with the boat that got shot at?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aJhsmBulbkNE

A link for your viewing pleasure.

When did all these people stop talking to each other? Eventually their incompetence is going to get someone hurt.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No! It was a planned exercise by the USCG. No shots fired.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• They just forgot to tell anyone. Like the secret service, or the FBI, or anyone else who might be at all interested in stuff like that going on next to the Pentagon on 9/11 while the president drove by.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Nobody got shot at. CNN may claim it would have been irresponsible NOT to report, but in actuality their actions WERE irresponsible. That would be like me going on the air in a few minutes to report a train wreck because I heard it on the scanner...without having verified it first. It's considered an ENORMOUS no-no.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Omg again? How many times is a government agency going to freak people out due to stupidity?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Oh, I need to look this up, anybody gotta link?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Check CNN. They were the ones that went overboard on it. The other channels mentioned it then went back to regular programming. CNN kept a 9/11 widow on hold while they spent an hour speculating about what happened and showed a live shot of a bridge with regular traffic on it, wondering why nobody had stopped traffic.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It reminds me of the NYC flyover with air force one. Gee Obama Knew nothing about that one. Right (sigh)
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I have to say, in the CG defense. They ALWAYS do these drills. From what I Have heard (from a CG friend). The media caught wind of the USUAL training exercise on their 'radio's and blew it out of proportion because of the day. I will believe a fellow serviceman and his family over the media ANYDAY!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009