Is this normal?

My son (will be 2 on the 25th) has only peed 2 times today. He's been acting normal all day and drinking the same as he always has. It's just weird...

normally he goes at least every 2 hours, if not every hour.

AngelicaRenee

Asked by AngelicaRenee at 8:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just recently asked my dr the same question and she said as long as he is peeing every 6 to 8 hours that he is fine, as long as its a normal amt of urine. Hope this helps.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Sounds like he is dehydrated and is absorbing majority of the liquid he is drinking. Just keep giving him fluids and he should be fine. Just keep an eye on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• sounds like time to potty train to me
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• He drinks a lot of fluids every day. at least 30-40 oz, and that's on the lower side. And he has been potty training since april.
    AngelicaRenee

Answer by AngelicaRenee at 9:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I've heard that it isn't the frequency of urination, but the color that indicates dehydration. If its dark, you're more dehydrated. So as long as his urine is a normal color, you're ok. twice a day does seem low, but not totally abnormal... but being a potty training boy, I have to ask- do you think he may be relieving himself elsewhere and hiding it from you?
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• lol no, he was fully clothed and they were dry all day. plus he normally stays in my sight. And when he does have an accident he usually shows me. haha.
    AngelicaRenee

Answer by AngelicaRenee at 11:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• give him some electrolytes
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• His digestive track may be a little off today. I would think that you'll just have an extremely wet diaper tomorrow morning. Or he could be getting a little sick so he's burning off some of the liquid.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2009