To biomoms

Would it bother you if your child called their stepmother mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• YES!!! I am the ONLY person my child will call Mom....EVER!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• heck yeah, I am the mom not her

Answer by admckenzie at 9:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• hell yeah.. im their mother no one else they LIVE with me not their father.. i get called mama and mommy by my step kids but their mom isnt around
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Im a biomom and stepmom. I feel like it would be my daughters choice. My sd calls me mom and she decided to. Her mom hates it though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I would be so mad and also hurt!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It would if that was it...just Mom, or Mommy. That's me & only me! My oldest dd called my fiance "Daddy Red" but never just "Daddy." & my youngest dd (w/my fiance) used 2 call his ex wife "Momma SweetiePea" (her nickname is SweetPea...& they have a dd 2gether.) I guess she has outgrown that tho... Now its just SweetiePea. Lol
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 10:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• YEAH
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 12:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Being a child from a divorced family, I think it depends on age. My parents were seperated when I was 2 months old. So ever since I remeber, I have had 2 sets of parents. My dad and mom, and my mom and dad. I have always called my step mom mom, and I talked to my mom about it. I called my (now ex) step dad dad. Unfortunalty, now my mom is married to a man that I can't stand, and I don't call him dad, and his daughter doesn't call my mom mom, but she is happy so thats all that matters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my parents divorced when i was 3, i never called my step-mom, mom...but that's because she was a raging whore, i call my step-dad, dad sometimes like if i'm talking to my sister because it's easier than saying his name. i'm a mother and also a step mother, i don't expect my step son to call me mom, and would probably be uncomfortable if he did, granted, his mom is a piece of shit, and doesn't deserve to be called mom, but that is his mom, not me. i wouldn't want my kids calling anyone else mom because i'm their mom. but in situations where the other parent isn't around, i completely understand it.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Depends on the step mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine as a child was very jealous and caused a lot of conflict. My ds stepmom has caused a lot of issues herself. Judging me when she doesnt know me and goes by what my ex says. XH does nothing physically for our son, yet his stepmom thinks its her place to step in and compensate for xh laziness. Which I don't agree with. Stepmom wasn't there when our child's conception occured. And she's quite new to the situation ayway.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 12:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009