am i wrong

a couple of days ago my hubby basically said that my body was his property.... i died my hair pink and got my lip peirced.....am i wrong proving to him that myody is mine and not his.....(he hasnt seen my lip yet but wont talk to me because of the hair)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• That was immature on your part!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It's your body, so you can do whatever you want to do with your body.
    But I think it's kind of overreacting when you go out and pierce your lip and dye your hair pink...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Your body is not his property, except that you became one when you married. So it is true that when you alter your body you are altering part of him, also. He may not like the look and may be embarrassed about it. I guess that if it is something drastic such as an unusual piercing or hair color or style, that I'd toss it up to him and get his impression. If he shuddered and said please don't, then I probably would find something else to do to express my personality. I am thinking if my husband came in with a lip piercing and pink hair that I wouldn't want to be seen in public with him.

Answer by Bmat at 8:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It all depends on the context of the conversation. You could have taken it in a very positive way.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Refer him to the 14th amendment. Lincoln freed the slaves. Your body is YOURS.

I think you went a bit too far in priving it to him.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think you are freaking awesome!!!!! Everything you did can be undone, it's not like you went and got your face tattooed or anything and you definitely proved him wrong. Now that you got the "in your face" actions over with, sit down and tell him nicely how demeaning and hurtful that it is to here something from the man who is supposed to cherish your baby AS MUCH AS HE REPECTS IT!
    shawneewaiting

Answer by shawneewaiting at 9:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• and the two become one, you took his name...so basically yeah you are his property as you are now an extension of him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• That was supposed to say that he was supposed to cherish you BODY not your BABY
    shawneewaiting

Answer by shawneewaiting at 9:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• She's his PROPERTY??? Are you serious? I took my husband's last name when we got married but that doesn't make me his property. I wouldn't go out and punch holes in myself or dye my hair pink to prove it but I do what I want when I want. Do I take his wants and needs into consideration? Yes I do because I love him and we share a life. But if he ever told me I was his property I would show him how much I wasn't. Just because you're married doesn't mean you lose your individuality.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 11:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• shawneewaiting, i totally agree that was awesome, i would of done the same thing as a matter of fact i pierced my nose and, lip to try to aggravate my BF.....but, i said you go girl you rock
    tinymite2007

Answer by tinymite2007 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009