was it religion that sent aircrafts into three building?

I can't believe I just read this. I thought the Islamic religion did not condone this. I just a read a response that would say the oposite.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• wow talk about the haters coming out. so all you so upet about this, go to the other question and spread your anger
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• r u serious? are u that far behind?? come on now thats a horrible religion!! they kill kids! beat woman. Kill ppl any way they please
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Um, no Anon above, the EXTREMISTS of that religion may do those things; but that is it. Just like there are extremists in all beliefs.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• anon, there's plenty of accounts throughout history of Christians doing those same things in the name of Christianity. Get a life.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Was a single religion responsible? No. Was religion in general responsible? In a way, very much so.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• No, the Islamic religion did not make them do that any more than christianity makes the Westboro people do what they do, or makes people bomb abortion clinics with people inside them. It's a fundamental extremism that people of any religion can be susceptible to. When we (non-believers) use that line, it's not to say that god/religion made this person do this thing. It's that their interpretation of god, whether shaped by family or culture or one's own mind, drove them to think their god wanted/needed the event to happen. I'm not saying people would stop doing crazy things without religion, but at least more would have to own what they did, rather than just say, "that's how god wants/needs it," and get a pass.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 9:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• funny nobody got this upset in the other question
    Anonymous