Should people be allowed to have more than, say, 5 or 6 kids + ?

What do you think about these parents that have multiple children. I'm not talking about people who have like sextuplets. I mean people who have baby after baby... How can they possibly meet all of their emotional needs. What about one on one time? does any child ever really get to know their parent on a personal level? I can't imagine dividing my time around 5 or 6 kids! I have trouble doing that with my 3.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have 5, and I actually think about your question often. I worry that I am not taking care of each one of them individually, but I am doing the best that I can. I think that because we have so many, we (me and my husband) have made it a priority to spend time with each of them. We might not take them out individually, but we talk to them alot. We have REAL conversations with the older ones. Sometimes we just hang out in their rooms with them, sometimes we spend time with them while gardening, cooking, or just at the park. We had a nieghbor who only had 2 kids, and my kids actually felt sorry for the kid because they said "his parents never do anything with him". It is funny, because when I had just one kid, I always thought "this is so hard", then I had two, and I realized that one wasn't so bad, but "oh, two is so hard", then I had three... well you get the picture. @ 5 I realized that the heart gets bigger, thankful
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• is this China? who would regulate it, you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• thats when ones a week u take a different child to have one on one. who is to say how many kids we have? its my body and ill do as please. well if ur having trouble with 3 then y did u have 3?? some people like big familys and can deal with all the kids. if its not for u then its not for u. but its no ones biz how many kids a family has
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• sry i ment ONCE a week
    Anonymous

• I thought this was already allowed? Has Obama done something else we don't know about till the last minute?
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• MHaney she was askin if we think it should be allowed or in other words should we have a limit on kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It's none of my business how many children people have.. We have 3 and are very proud of them, I honestly would love to have one more.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• As long as the children are healthy why does it matter how many are under one roof?

If I could afford it and had a place with enough room I would have kids until I was barren or to the point where I knew I was done...and it would be nobody's business but mine!
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I have 4 children and I haev one on the way. we manage just fine thank you! I have a very personal relationship with each one of them. I bonded with each one though breastfeeding. I volunteer in class rooms. I have tome with just the girls or just the boys. they have different bed time. I take my oldest daughter to dance by herself. My younger son to his soccer practices by himself. My older son I take to his karate classes and my youngest daughter I make special time for because she is not yet in any activities. We have no problems maintaining our household. I love all my children equally and when I have the next it will be just the same! Who are you to question my parenting skills based on the number of children I have?
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 9:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i know someone with 10 kids. all healthy they live in my old house so there is plenty of room. 9boys and 1 girl if that isnt crazy.. but the kids are all happy so who cares
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009