My 2 1/2 year old smears poop everywhere, is anyone else having this problem?

My oldest child did this for about a month then stopped and hasnt done it since, yet my 2 and half year old son has done it for months. He had stopped for a short while, maybe a month, then i began a new job where i leave at 7am before he wakes and arrive home at alittle after lunchtime. Maybe he's showing is dislike toward my new job?
Im Helpless! Has anyone gone through this... anyone?

ksne819

Asked by ksne819 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i asked the same question a month ago ppl told me to duct tape his diaper or whatever so he couldnt take it off i couldnt bring myself to do iit tho lucky for me it was a stage that lasted only a week
    jaders1220

Answer by jaders1220 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• my SS is doing this and we're potty training.....it drives me crazy!!! so gross i wish i could get it to stop!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• OK honey. My oldest daughter was 2 when she did it. And it's a sign that they want to be potty trained. Trust me. After that She never did it again.
    sarahbearbabyj

Answer by sarahbearbabyj at 1:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• sign to be potty trained and try a onesie and duct tape trully works i have 22 mo old boys imagine the possible disasters i have prevented
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Once he gets used to the schedule he shouldn't do it anymore. But I agree if you're not already I would start potty training. It should work.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Potty training! He's ready at 2 1/2, or so he seems to be telling you. If not, backwards diapers with backwards pants, duck tape, onesies, and make him help you clean the mess.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm not to sure why people are duct taping their children, thats just going to irritate their skin. However, you can buy footie pajamas that zip all the way up. Cut the feet part off, and place the pajamas on backwards so the zipper is up the child's back instead of their front. He won't be able to get at his diaper. It could be a sign of wanting to potty train, but it could also be his way of saying something in my life isn't right (like you mentioned you going back to work). Kids show distress in lots of little odd ways and adults don't always pick up on the true message. Try the backward pajamas for immediate fix, and then try potty training for like a month. If you've had no success back off and try figuring out what's truly bothering your son. Maybe he just wants more attention or maybe he misses mom. Just remember NEVER make a potty training child clean their own mess. It'll cause more harm then good to the child.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Hi mom, yes this is a boy thing if you noticed.. I have the same problem and still hasen't stopped. I don't have a job, but not saying it doesn't have to do with a job! Now when you say your son hasn't done this in a while.. well this is a new thing for him! Yes it sounds nasty and grose, but he is just exploring the poo. I've had to clean the walls and tv and so much stuff that had poo on it! Yes we are suppose to get mad and saying (what the***) but thay are just kids.. But to answer your question no it is not because of your job.. it has to do with wow i can take off my diaper-underwear and ohhh what is this.. and smear it all over! just be patiend and if your son is not potty trained that now isthe time to do so! GOOD LUCK MOM!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm not to sure why people are duct taping their children, thats just going to irritate their skin.

___________________
    OMG. People are not duct taping their children woman! You put the duct tape across the tabs of the diaper so the child cannot remove the diaper and paint with his feces. The duct tape doesn't touch the skin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2009