Why can't I forget that a dumb person yelled at me at worK?

She is the boss's step daughter, thus dubbed office manager. I have to listen to her big mouth all day. Usually to everybody about her personal stuff. Yesterday, she found something that I supposedly done wrong. And started yelling. I did react, but not enough to really get any attention. I am just burned up about this. I don't know why I am still worrying.

evelyngayle

Asked by evelyngayle at 9:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I tend to obsess as well. What works for me is if I keep replaying the confrontation in my head over and over and figure what I really wanted to say, then I suppose what our next encounter may be and how to work it into the conversation or lay it on the table. Usually I'm much more confident or clear-headed the next time around. So work through what possible encounters you'll have next and figure out what you'll say in all those scenarios. :) It sure helps to feel proactive.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• If she wasn't the boss' stepdaughter you'd probably blow it off.

If there's been no problem fromt he boss, let it go.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It sounds like it is time for a stealth job search.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

•  Take a good night's sleep.  Tomorrow 's another day.  =]

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009