Enfamil Restfull

have you tried it? and does it work to help your baby sleep longer?

katelynsmom22

Asked by katelynsmom22 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All they did was add cereal. I'll be interested to see what people say....my own experience was that cereal was like injecting my kid with caffeine.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• LMAO.... how funny I was just about to ask about that.

I remember about 18mos ago when those step 2 toddler formula's began coming out

this is just like clear pepsi, pepsi am.... it's additional branding of an already successful products

Like there's diapers, right? And then they want u to buy special diapers just for overnite.

shameful shameful SHAMEFUL
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• The overnight diapers are different than regular diapers (they absorb more)...

As for the formula, like the first poster said they've just basically added cereal which you can do on your own without spending the extra money..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree with Kalebsmommee...it is just added cereal and it is much cheaper to buy it yourself and add a little to the formula your baby is already on...the op never said anything bout diapers so leave it alone....
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I had never heard of it before now... so I looked it up. What I found is that it IS the same as Enfamil AR with a new indication for use... so a new label.
    Enfamil AR is used in reflux... it has rice starch in it... which isn't the same as rice cereal. The rice starch thickens when it mixes with the stomach acid making it harder to reflux. The benifit of this type of formula for reflux is that there isn't the risk of choking and there also isn't all the extra empty calories that rice cereal has.
    With what I know about Enfamil AR... I don't think that it's likely this will work very well. But if you want to try it out and see how it works...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think the idea of it is disgusting. People don't need more of a reason to quit parenting at night time. Babies need to eat, I certainly hope children don't become malnurished because parents think they can feed the baby less.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I bought it and regret it. Have to say I was thinking much when I got it because I should have been wary of the description. "Thickens in baby's tummy"? I wouldn't want anything thickening in my tummy.
    MrsBrintae

Answer by MrsBrintae at 7:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Forgot to mention that it also thickens in the bottle. So much so that it wouldn't come out of the nipple. Thankfully DS wanted nothing to do with it.
    MrsBrintae

Answer by MrsBrintae at 7:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I have 3 month old twin girls who were born 6 weeks early. I also have a 2 year old son. So, needless to say, I'm tired. I saw an ad for this and thought if it works, why not. I got some yesterday but was iffy about using it. I called my pediatrician before using it and she said it was fine to use. It's the same as the Enfamil AR and if it increased the chances of SIDS, they would use it. I used it last night. I mad a 4 oz bottle with 2 oz regular formula and 2 oz restfull and the girls slept from 1:30 to 6. I feel great and they do too. I don't feel bad for wanting to be healthy to care for my kids.
    caseyeg

Answer by caseyeg at 12:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009