Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cant afford

Anyone know of any govenrment funded programs that help minimum wage moms pay for daycare? I just got a job but if i put my dd in daycare i'll have NO money for food or clothes for her afterwards. Please help...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (14)
  • child care resorces

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • OR u can call DSS and ask they would help mroe then i could

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • If you live near me, I will do it for free.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • In my area if you call 2-1-1 they can help you find childcare that fits your circumstances. There's also Federally funded Head Start and Early Head Start:

    Answer by kjrn79 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • There is gov daycare help here I would imagine it's a federal thing so it would be everywhere. But here's what my mom did when I was little andshe was in your shoes, she advertised a baby sitting swap, a kind of "i'll watch our kid if you watch mine" and interviewed women until she foud one she felt comfortable with. They kept up with hours and swapped times and nobody ever paid a penny. Maybe you could find a lady who works an opposite shift from you and work something out. Obviously do a background check and make sure you feel comfortable with this person, but it's something to consider if you can't get gov help or if you like the one on one idea more. Good luck.

    Answer by shawneewaiting at 9:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • Our daycare assistance office is in the same building as food stamps, etc. If its not there, they should be able to tell u where to get help.
    Shawneewaiting... that's an awesome idea! My friend & I did that in college & it worked out great!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • Check out your local welfare office. Most states have day care assistance for working mothers.

    Answer by momx3gx1b at 11:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • In VA if you qualify for medicaid and you are working or going to school then you qualify for childcare assistance. My sister had it for a few years b/c she was a very young mother (pregnant at 14, baby at 15) and was still in school and obviously not working. As long as she was in school, and her case worker could drop by at anytime to make sure she was actually there, then they would pay her childcare costs at a state licensed facility or state licensed home daycare. When she started working she still qualified but she had to pay a copay, it was only like $60 a month. When she married the father of her baby, she lost all of the assistance b/c of their joint income.

    Answer by amyrw at 1:57 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • 211 is your best bet.

    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • Have you ever thought about working from home? I work with a large group of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Check out my website

    Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Appeal / Medicaid

Next question overall (Babies (0-12 months))
Enfamil Restfull