question about itchy skin, is this a skin condition? it happens while exercising!

i wanna exercise but i get my skin really red and it starts itching really bad, i am not a person who usually sweets a lot, maybe by exercising i would get my skin a little damp but that is is, and also my skin gets itchy and bright red during winter time, or if anything cold touches my skin, how can i prevent this to happen? or is there any treatment for this?my skin is usually very warm all the time, and any rapid change in temperature makes my skin itchy! help!! i asked this question on another category but haven't had much help, and i really need to know what is going on! thank you mommas!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• heat rash
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i get the same thing after running and after walking a lot i alwaythought it was because of the sweat in my skin but i don't know.
    laly87

Answer by laly87 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Bathing: Take brief lukewarm showers and not baths. Do not shower more than once daily. Hot water, long showers, and baths rid the skin of its natural protective oils. If you must take a bath, a lukewarm tub-bath is acceptable, particularly if you add bath oil to the water. Remember, a quick cool shower, using no soap, is preferable to a long hot soapy one.

Cleansing: Deodorant soaps and detergents remove the skin’s natural protective oils leaving it dry and irritated. Clear water alone will remove dust, sweat, and grime that accumulates. If cleansing is necessary, use a mild moisturizing or glycerin soap. Lubrication: Immediately after showering and towel drying, while the skin is still damp, moisturizers should be applied. Ideally, moisturizers should be applied twice daily. If a rash is present, a topical non-steroid anti-inflammatory lotion or cortisone cream is used before the moisturizing cream or loti
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009