first let me start by saying I'm in no way shape or form bashing and i do not take what happened on 9/11 lightly!

but i don't understand why when this already sad and horrible date approaches the media insist on replaying these horrible images over and over as if we don't remember clear as day what happened isn't it painful enough to remember why do we have to see it all day long cant we just have the memorial televised it just hurts so much watching captured moments of peoples faces filled with horror and running not to mention the pile of rubble where not everyone was found I'm just saying America will never forget we just don't have to relive it over and over it's just to painful and I'm truly sorry if i offended anyone as my intention was not to .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because sadly, many people act as if they HAVE forgotten!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• So change the channel! It's not on every channel, and it's certainly not on all day like other stuff is. It is an important event in our nation's history, and being that is was ONLY 8 years ago, it's reasonable to still have memorials across the country. If you don't like it, don't watch.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes, many people have forgotten (see other questions posted in this section) and we as americans need to continue to band together and not let it float into a distant memory that will only be thought about in history books.
    Aurorasmom

Answer by Aurorasmom at 9:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• So you think we should issue the terrorists a get out of jail free card? I hope they execute them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• first off i did'nt say forget it i simply said the media takes it to far as if to put you right back in that day and time .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Everyone handles grief differently. If you don't want to watch, don't.(I'm not bashing) For those who lost family and or friends, we want to remember. Our country should Never forget!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I agree I think the media is overplaying it. I do think we need to be reminded and we should never forget, but the media can overdo it.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I think some of the responses are a lil mean its not like she is saying it isnt a piece of history to be remembered. She is just saying that maybe the media should be alil more sympathetic of the people who lost other's in these horrific moments. She even mentioned that showing a memorial is great just not images of the everything happening. And she even said that she is not trying to offend or upset.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i agree with everyone so far! yes the media certainly has overplayed it a lot today, and numerous channels. if I lost a family member or friend I would certainly feel incredible grief watching the footage over and over throughout the day. and even though I can simply change the channel, something keeps me glued to the footage. It is something we as a nation shouldnt forget. I find it sad that many were hardcore patriotic after the event, then it soon got "old and forgotten".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• check out some other posts on here "9/11 Am I the only one that feels this way...But is it just me or is this way over blown?"

some people have forgotten and don't even remember we are still fighting over 9/11

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009