How did your fiance/husband propose to you?

I am patiently awaiting a proposal from my boyfriend and was wondering how he might do it. I wondered about everyone elses experience and would like to hear some cool stories.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wasn't expecting it. We had never, not once, talked about getting married. On Nov. 21, 1987, my husband picked me up for a date. He had the biggest smile on his face. I thought, "boy, he's happy." Later, after we ate dinner, I was sitting on the couch and he kneeled in front of me. He said something and I couldn't understand what he said. I kept concentrating on what he said. He reached under the couch and pulled out a box. Then, he said, "Santa came early this year. Will you marry me?" He opened the box and I said," are you sure." LOL yes, I said that. He said, "yes, I'm sure." My reply. "Yes, I will marry you." LOL now to add just a little bit more to this story...I made him treat me right. When we dated, I wouldn't kiss him until the 5th date which was a month and half later. He's the only man that has ever treated me right and He's the best God has made for me.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 10:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• how long have you been waiting?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We were out at Karaoke, and he was singing Garth Brooks "Shameless". When the line "I'm down on my knees" came up, he dropped down on his knee... I don't think I could have turned any more redder than I did that night - and our friends knew about it, so there are pictures to document it!!!
    frankiesmom125

Answer by frankiesmom125 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We had been up all night wrapping presents. It was Christmas eve, we were in my bedroom, he said he had to go to the bathroom, I sat down by the night table and he brought a box of kleenex in with him and handed it to me. He said umm you might need this. He got down on one knee and I instantly started crying, but I thought the box felt heavy, I pulled a tissue out and there it was in the box with my ring in it. He took it out and asked me to Marry him.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Actually, I really haven't been waiting that long, lol. We know we are going to get married, just haven't decided when. He hasn't technically asked and doesn't want to until we get the ring, but we talk about it daily and have been making plans. I just personally want to get married next month and would like to get this show on the road, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was working 3p-11p and he worked 8a-5p, so it felt like we were rarely awake at the same time. I came home from work one night and there was a tape recorder on the table with a note that said "play me". I played it and he was proposing on tape!!!! good grief....I went and jumped on him on bed, made him say it "live" and then he pulled the ring out from under the covers. PS, I am the woman who said we waited 6 hours and a bottle of champagne on our first date to have sex and btw, we are no longer married. So, I don't suggest following MY examples....lol....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• We were at my family reunion and he said he had an announcement to make.
    Got on one knee and asked! I teared up and said YESSSSS!!!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 9:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• well when he found out i was with child he said " now you ahve to amrry me" and smiled a mile wide. WE still waited until our daughter was 7 months old
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Get to know him at least a couple of years before marriage. Date and just have fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• You know I was never "technically" asked. We started talking about it and the next thing you know we were getting married. It was just a tiny ceramony. Heck I still don't have a ring. LOL oh well i love him anyway.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009