could this be?

I'm 37 weeks, had an appointment today. I am dilated 2 cm, was not dilated at all a week ago.

I've been having contractions on and off for days but today I felt surprisingly good. After my appointment I went home and ate but didn't feel like eating much (that's weird for me...lolll) and then SO and I had sex. I felt great after sex but then about an hour later I started feeling really crampy, like i was gonna have diarrhea (I did, sorry tmi) and then the cramping continued.

Now I'm having contractions, they start low and work their way up, pretty intense. I decided to start timing them cuz I've been in pain for close to 2 hours..

so far I've had 3 contractions, about 4-5 min. apart that are lasting between 50 sec and a minute....

I know 3 isn't enough to tell...but could this be it?? I'm nervous!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• give it at least an hour of those consistent contractions......but yes it could be lol congrats and good luck
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes it could be!!! :) Good lucK!! now time away :-P
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Very well could be, especially since you and hubby had sex, that is always a good way to get labor started, and since you were already dilated, you probably finished throwing yourself into labor. Keep timing it for a little longer and see what happnes, but I bet you end up at the hospital :) Good luck
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It might be. Or might not. It's very possible they could fade off.
    Drink a LOT of water and rest. See if they're still coming on after that~ good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009