irrregular periods?

How hard is it to get pregnant is your periods are irregular. I'm not to sure about mine yet. I just started keeping track because we've been ttc #2. i was a week late on my period thought i might have been pregnant and than got my period. Wish there was an easier way. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Irregular periods can be troublesome when trying to get pregnant. Irregular or abnormal ovulation and menstruation accounts for 30% to 40% of all cases of infertility. Irregularity, per se, is not necessarily a problem if you learn how to chart your fertility signs, especially cervical fluid, to determine when you are approaching your short window of fertility. But, if cycles are very long, it means by definition, that ovulation is not occurring as often as it would with a typical monthly cycle, a condition known clinically as anovulation.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I've always had very irregular cycles (24-79 days at the extremes). The best way to get around it is to chart your cycles (www.fertilityfriend.com and Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler are both great resources for this). Charting will tell you when/if you ovulate, when you're most fertile, when you can expect your period, when you can take a test, etc. I still chart even though I'm not trying to conceive because it's so nice to know when my period's coming! :)

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2009