Why do people keep sending a response to my questions anonymously???

I am not new, but am not active on Cafemom for a few reasons. I have put out another question and have already got a rude response. I admit they tried to be nice by putting a little happy face behind their comment. But, I thought it was very rude. Why don't people want to let you know who they are? This is not a good thing. You can't respond back to the person. Anyway to the person who tried to teach me Internet Etiquette...who are you anyway and who made you the Etiquette Queen of Cafemom??? I am 54 and have used computer's all my working life. I don't need some scared little girl who likes to speak her mind, but doesn't want anyone to know who she is tell . You don't know me little girl. I have a reason for using all CAPS. My baby finger is completely numb on my left hand. It makes it hard to type because I can't feel it. Why am I not using CAPS now??? Because, I can't take any more drama from some little snot

ToxicMom620

Asked by ToxicMom620 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Because they have nothing better to do. I'll admit, reading things in all caps can be annoying, but mainly for the fact that I lose my place easily. But I'm not going to go off on someone for it. Unless it's in all caps and no punctuation. That annoys me.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• People will be rude to you whether you know who they are or not. Sounds to me as if you want the drama since you actually went to the trouble of writing a whole other post to get back at this person. You couldn't have quoted her in the original post and responded there like everyone else does? If everyone did it this way there would be no actual questions to answer. May I suggest some people etiquette. If you are going to throw your age around as if it makes you better, then don't act like a rude little girl who got her feelings stepped on. Be a grown up and show her how to behave properly.

A lot of people answer anon because every question you answer shows up on your friends' activity widgets and the answers are public, therefore searchable on the internet.

I feel for your problem, but reading caps IS difficult and carries the online connotation of yelling. Nobody likes to be yelled at, as you have demonstrated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Don't let people get to you. There are thousands of moms on cafemom. Some are great and others are judge and jury. Keep searching around and you will find some wonderful women on here that don't mind all caps. For me the biggie gripe that I have with anyone is the lack of punctuation making it one big long sentence that makes it hard to readand thenthey dontspacethingsout and liek to sepell thinsg wrong, etc and thengetupsetcause none can get the rift of their mess.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2009