labor story

anyone wanna tell how your labor started
and what were your signs and things like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep. I went to the hospital and they broke my water and gave me pitocin :) (I was induced)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I was at work teaching my students and my water broke right there. Contractions started 15 mins later. Later that evening, I had to have a c-section cause nothing was getting me to dialate and then I was holding my perfect baby girl!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My first it was a Friday night. We went out to dinner and during dinner I noticed I was having regular BH contractions every 7-10 minutes or so. Earlier in the day I had an appointment and the doctor said my blood pressure was higher than normal so she was going to have me come in and check it again on Monday. The contractions lasted all night and I couldn't sleep. At some point in the night they became painful, but not any closer together. I went into the hospital around 8 A.M. but was sent home. Although they probably shouldn't have sent me home because I went back in again a few hours later and had my son that night.
    My second labor started out again with regular BH contractions, but first thing in the morning instead of at night. It felt like I was cramping on and off and I had diarrhea pretty bad. (sorry tmi) Again it was really slow at first but suddenly sped up really fast that evening unlike my first.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i felt uncomfortable and crampy all night long on a sunday night. monday morning my water broke, a little gush. i went on over to my midwife's office and the nurse practitioner said i could go on over to the (attached) hospital. by then i was in active labor with intense and painful contractions. so about 2 hours after my water broke, i was in active labor, and my son was born about 6 hours after i got to the hospital.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• With first started light and regular around 10pm. Made my dh go for a walk with me I was so excited. While sprinting around the neighborhood, let a tree branch go and hit dh in the face. He was so mad went home and went to bed. At 5am had terrible pains and wanted to go to hospital, he said no to soon according to class. By 9 am I was begging. Got there at 11 am and she was born at 11:25. Next baby when I said it was time, he went. Pushed for 3 hours cause she was upside down. Third baby, water broke @ 37 wks,she got stuck and ended with c/s. Fourth my water broke at 31 weeks with lots of blood. Delivered 12 hours later.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 11:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I lost my plug Friday morning. Had some BH contractions that night (I hadn't felt any all pregnancy), but they went away after an hour or two. Had some major bloody show all day Saturday. That night at 9:00 I had my first real labor contraction, 5 minutes later I had the next one, and an hour after that they were 2 minutes apart. (And here I thought it would happen gradually! ...which it normally does, I'm just one of the odd ones I guess.) I went to the hospital, they admitted me about midnight, the doctor broke my water sometime between 1:00 and 2:00, and I had a baby at 5:30am on my due date!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I had BH for a couple hours, but that wasn't unusual for me. I had bloody show around 11 p.m. Then the contractions started to get regular. It just felt like I had to poop. :-) My hubby suggested we start timing them, and they were 5 minutes apart. We went straight to the hospital (a 40-min. drive) where I was at 2 cm. I was so mad, because it was starting to get painful. Then all of a sudden, my son decided to hurry it up! My doc was yawning at the foot of the bed because they had to get him so quickly. I pushed for 20 minutes, then my beautiful baby boy was born. From start to finish, it was 5 1/2 hours. No drugs. I bled a lot, but it wasn't bad at all.
    veggie_kitty

Answer by veggie_kitty at 6:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009