How many nursing pads did you go thru the first few days after delivering?

I just bought some Lansinoh Nursing Pads, there's 60. Im also in the middle of slowly , as i get more stuff, making my hospital bag and diaper bags so I dont want to bring the whole box of nursing pads to the hospital.

So I will be there approx 3 days, hopefully less if I can get an OKAY to go and want to know how many I should pack for, Thank You

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I actually have went through like 30, I don't leak much through out the day since I am breastfeeding, but every morning, or when it comes close to a feeding I leak all over, when you pack your hospital bag I would bring a bath robe slippers to wear while walking back and forth to the bathroom, and get up to feed and nurture for your baby. I would bring tooth paste and don't forget your tooth brush or hair brush. :) I forget all of these items, and wish I had them, I went 3 1/2 days without them. :(
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 8:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I brought some to the hospital because I was told to, but didn't need them. Your milk doesn't come in that quickly. At least I think it normaly takes a couple days but it could be different for other women. It wouldn't hurt to pack a few just in case, but in my experience they weren't necessary.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• okay...I'll just pack a a few pairs and if I end up needing more my SO can just run home.

Thank you
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• My milk didn't come in until day 3 so I didn't have any leaking while I was in the hospital. I had a few along though... maybe 6 pads is all. But the hospital I was at supplied them as well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i took 3 pairs to the hospital but once my mil came in i used like 4-6 pairs a day
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I also recommend the washable kind, then you can just throw them in with your clothes, bras, etc.. They are more comfortable too..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009