Are you happy with your home mortgage lender? why or why not and who did you use?

This question is for people who purchased a home between 2008-present.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• We just bought our home in May. We used Wells Fargo we closed on time and had an excellent experience. We have had three mortgages through them all have been wonderfully handed. I was organized as well and that always helps when going through the loan process only made one trip to fill out the application and deliver the documents needed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Our mortgage is through HSBC. We're actually really struggling right now unfortunately, and they don't really want to help. They say we aren't elligible to refinance. We're trying to get some kind of help from them, but they don't really want to. Ughh, it's so frustrating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We went through Planters Bank for our home loan an it was eventually bought out by the one company I didn't want to have it and that would be CountryWide (now Bank of America I think) anyways we have had no issues with them. So yes we are happy.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Here is the Link:

http://tinyurl.com/mvhpcc

THIS HELP YOU FIND A SUITABLE LENDER
    dentallady84

Answer by dentallady84 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Why only 2008 to now? Why not people before? Anywho. I bought my house in 2006. I know it isn't the specific years ya want. Our lender was the "lovely" Countrywide. They suck BTW. They screwed us over every which way they could after we bought our house. Bank of America took over Countrywide. And at first i was hoping they would be better than countrywide was. But they are pretty much the same. A bunch of money hungry jerks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Anon 1255 please share your issues. Why are the money hungry jerks? If you pay your payments on time what issues do they give you top of that? Two people have Countrywide one person has had no problems while another states they are money hungry jerks. So I would think person #1 repays their loan as promised and you do not. You probably pay late and get mad because they want the money they LOANED you back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I asked for 2008 and better because I'm in the process of looking for lenders now ....so I want info based on mortgage companies now. Info from prior years can be informative as well....just state the year you purchased. I would also like to know if anyone used ING Direct?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Wells Fargo, and yes, very happy because we have a 4.5% fixed rate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2009