How annoyed are you?

Tonight, I find myself majorly craving chocolate ice cream. The kids are in bed, and I have about 20 minutes before my husband goes to work. I contemplate ignoring the craving, try to substitute a peach to see if it's just sugar I'm wanting, and decide, no, I HAVE to have chocolate ice cream and will likely be up all night obsessing over it until I get some.

So I throw a sweatshirt over my PJ's, run to WalMart, and buzz through the self-checkout with my sale-priced double fudge brownie and Food Stamp card.

On a scale from 1-10, how much does it piss you off that I used "your" tax dollars to fund my ice cream run?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• On my sakes you crazy frikking b*tch!! How dare you use my tax dollars to buy you some chocolate ice cream!

Oh and by the way, did you pick up that chocolate cake im craving? That would be awsome!

HA HA HA HA HA HA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Is 1 being the highest or 10 being the highest?

Either way, i think it depends on how common that is for you and what your regular eating habits are. Do i think that you aren't entitled to ice cream just because you are on PA? hell no. i was born and raised a welfare child. But i do believe that it is important to try to spend the majority of that money on healthy foods. : )

Enjoy your ice cream! : )
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I can remember when my sister was on it and she would watch every dime she spent on it because by the end of the month they were eating bread with ketchup on it. They would go about a week with hardly anything... I'm so glad she got off her butt and got a job so she doesn't have to rely on the state to feed her kids... It's just not enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• are you being funny or are you trying to piss people off? i could give a shit less.. i wish i was able to get welfare, i would buy chocolate icecream too..but there are some major trolls that will want your blood... muwhahahaha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I'm not annoyed at all, because sometimes sweets are theraputic to the soul, I just wish you would have brought me some.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• That's too bad that things were so tight for them. :( I only end up using about 40% of our monthly allotment... The rest just rolls over from month to month.

I think the occasional indulgence should be a basic human right, LOL!
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:47 here~ I also wanted to add, GOOD LUCK with this!! I bet you will have the certain stuck up better than everyone else moms out there that are going to have fun with this post!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Ok - How dare you buy something so unhealthy with state money!!! Oh wait, Ice Cream realy isn't that bad for you. But it will make you gain wieght. You still get your dairy for the day. :) Enjoy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Watch out there are "ladies" taking the stuck out their butts to beat you!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Well not much because first of all I am an educated woman and know that only a tiny tiny bit of my tax dollars go to welfare programs. Secondly, I am human and I would never hesitate to help those less fortunate than I. Third, this is America....at least it used to be and therefore none of my freakin business what you buy with your food stamps. So have a scoop on me Mama!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2009