If you take a long term babysitting job, how long do you think you should commit to that job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• 6 months maybe.
    netta_marie09

Answer by netta_marie09 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• as long asu said u would babysit like a yr or at least give a 4 month notice or give notice and wait till they find another stter
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I don't think there is any committment. It's just like any other job, if it's not working for somebody they should tell the parents immediately and give them a few weeks to find a new place. I wouldn't want my child to stay somewhere only because the babysitter/daycare felt committed. I would rather find a new place.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• YOu don't have to stay committed any length of time unless you stated a specific time frame. BUT you really should give at least 3 weeks notice to the parent of the child, so they can find a replacement. It would be really rude to up and quit your babysitting job to take a different job, leaving the other parent high and dry, and at risk to loose their own job.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2009