How do I find a local mom that wants to watch an infant?

I am moving to a new city and have a 5 year old and a 3 month old. Both me and my husband work so we need childcare. My 5 year old will be taken care but I need childcare for my 3 month old. When my 5 year old was a baby a local mom I knew watched him daily. I loved it because he got love and one on one attention not possible at a daycare center. How do I find a Stay At Home Mom that wants 1 or 2 children? Not a in home daycare or a nanny.

5yearsapart09

Asked by 5yearsapart09 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try craigslist
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Craigs list has lots of adds.... but be careful! Check them out, get references... you never know who you might find on there!
    We just found a private daycare for my son this way... and there were plenty of stay at home moms looking for another child or two to care for.
    Other places I searched was our county web site had listings of people that had background checks and things like that.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• where do u live?
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• also try going to local churches...some of them have community boards and there might be info up on there of people looking to babysit...also try the laundrymat for the same thing.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Hi! I am an au pair coordinator and came across your article. I have seen first hand that children benefit from a cross-cultural experience and learn another language. (With our program, one can choose from over 40 countries). Currently, our au pairs are ALSO learning baby sign language to help babies with their communication skills. (Babies & children are capable of separating the languages and can switch back and forth.) If you would like more information about our cross-cultural au pair program, please visit my website at: http://ksix.aupairnews.com. We have arranged au pairs very quickly for families and have a large supply at this time! PS My website for learning baby sign language is: http://www.youtube.com/user/CulturalCareSD. Feel free to use this for yourself as this is a fun activity for you and your child!
    LatteCupNo6

Answer by LatteCupNo6 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2009