not a question more of a story(opinions welcome)

k so today am at walmart. am looking at babyfood for my almsot 7 mth old. next to me is a couple. i noticed that they have astroller am thinking their baby must me like above 4 mts since they are getting baby food. i also noticed the couple is overweight. i go to the other side of the stroller and see the baby. am almost floored this baby doesnt even look 3 mts old. i grab my baby food and then i see her going towards the baby juice. her dh is like i think she is too young for juice. so i asked her how old is the baby she says 2 1/2 m,ts. so in my mind am like why the hell are you feeding your baby food at this age. anyways i tell her yeah she is too young for juice and baby food.( iwanted to tell her that given her baby food at such a young age can caused food allergies and obesity later in life) anyways she goes and tell me that she gets baby food cuz she drinks to much formula!! wtf cuz she drinks to much formula!!! ugh

piwife

Asked by piwife at 11:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you are no doctor to be telling people when and what to feed their babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• At three mos I started giving ds baby food, he was SOOO hungry all the time. the dr asked how much he was eating and I told him and he told me to go ahead and start introducing cereal and fruits. he was eating 12-14 oz every 4 hours at that point, and a little bit of cereal went a long way towards him eating less.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Some people are idiots... nothing you can do about it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i dint tell her what to feed her child. she asked me if i knew what juice her baby could have so i answered her. i could care less what she feeds her kid my kids are not gonna have food allergies or be overweight when they grow up
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• maybe the woman was overweight because she had a baby 3 months ago.
    Call me when your kid is 2 years old and refuses to eat anything except cereal and let me know how you feel about struggling parents feeding their kids what they think is best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• i had 2 kids an am 120 lbs. amd i do have a 2 yrl old. also she said that her doc has no clue she giver her baby food,. she is just doesnt feel like buying extra formula for teh baby so is also why she getsteh baby food cuz is cheaper. at leat your kid eats cereal the only thing my dd likes is carrots lol she love them and the opnlyr easo why people atre overweight after a baby is cuz A THEY WERE OVERWEIGHTTO BEGING WITH OR B THEY GAIBED TO MUCH WEIGHT DURING PREGNACY!! oh i struggled with my dd alot to make her eat but i wasnt stupid and ididnt give her baby food at 2mts just cuz i didnt feel like buying extra formula
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Maybe they gave you such a short answer because they resented you butting into their business. It's irritating enough when a family member gives you unwanted parenting advice, much less a stranger at your local Wal-Mart. I am the mother of three. A four year old, a fifteen month old, and a seven week old. They all started getting cereal at around two weeks of age. None of them are overweight, none have food allergies, none are picky eaters, and all of them are in perfect health. No, every baby doesn't need cereal (or any other solid food) at an early age. Some babies just have bigger appetites than others. Just like every child crawls at a different age, every child need different foods at different times.

Personally, if I had been this other mom, I would have bitten your head off. No offense, but no one likes to be told how to raise their children.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Personally, if I had been this other mom, I would have bitten your head off. No offense, but no one likes to be told how to raise their children.
    SHE ASKED ME IF I KNEW IF HER BABY CULD HAVE JUICE!! WHY FUCKIONG ASK IF YOU DONT WANT AN OPINION
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• hey if she asked she deserved your honest opinion. I personally followed all of the guidelines for giving my son food and juice, it's idiotic IMO to try and feed a baby food when they can hardly sit up. If they can't sit up in a high chair they don't need to be eating off of a spoon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• learn to spell..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2009