Did you hear about Acorn and the census?

WASHINGTON – The Census Bureau on Friday severed its ties with ACORN, a community organization that has been hit with Republican accusations of voter-registration fraud.

"We do not come to this decision lightly," Census director Robert Groves wrote in a letter to ACORN, which was obtained by The Associated Press.

In splitting with ACORN, Groves sought to tamp down GOP concerns and negative publicity that the partnership will taint the 2010 head count.

"It is clear that ACORN's affiliation with the 2010 census promotion has caused sufficient concern in the general public, has indeed become a distraction from our mission, and may even become a discouragement to public cooperation, negatively impacting 2010 census efforts," Groves wrote.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090912/ap_on_go_ot/us_census_acorn_5

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• AMEN. I am SOO glad. I saw this earlier! Distraction my rear end. They are SO corrupt...but I am glad they are out of the census.....I will be completely happy when they cease getting federal dollars and aren't able to "help" in the next election!

simple smile

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• good
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I am not stalking you...I promise...just bored tonight LOL
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

LOL..Only ANON's stalk! All are welcome left and right....group hug

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• They say that now... Let's see what ACTUALLY happens... I think ACORN needs to lose Federal Funding. Their own founder embezzled Taxpayer funds. Trickle down corruption. These are NOT isolated cases of 'apparent corruption'. The naive and the politically blinded choose to look the other way and disregard the facts... When all they need to do is connect the dots... Investigative Journalism has become a thing of the past with this new administration.. They were ALL over organizations, Bush, his admin..... When has 20/20 or Dateline investigated anything associated or even remotely nearing the Obama admin?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Their own founder embezzled Taxpayer funds.

Now you care about tax payer money? What about Mr. Sanford?? and if the president of a company embezzles money, does that mean they all do? "trickle down corruption" is that like the failed policy of "trickle down economics"?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Just hope there is nothing behind the scenes with them. I have contemplated not filling it out if acorn was involved. If I do it will only be the requirements of the constitution.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Investigative Journalism has become a thing of the past with this new administration.. They were ALL over organizations, Bush, his admin..... When has 20/20 or Dateline investigated anything associated or even remotely nearing the Obama admin?

Are you serious? After 9/11 NO ONE would report FACTS about the Bush Admin!!! It wasn't til the last year, maybe two that there were finally actual real reports on them,......Everyone was walking eggshells because of threats for the WH

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I have yet to see a defense from anyone for Sanford, sweetakins.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• What about Mr. Sanford??

Sweet, do you need a billboard put up to say most everyone on here left AND right thinks Stanford is scum?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2009