Already?!?!

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and today when I took off my bra there was a little wetness on my breast, so I squeezed my breast and that clear milk stuff came out.... I thought it was to early to already get the premilk in... Am I farther along than I thought or is it normal to get this milky stuff now? I have a few weeks for my next doctor appt that's why I'm on here. Thanks for your help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thank you jessie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• is not your milk is colustrum.your milk doesnt come in till a few days after the baby is born. but is not early some moms get colustrum early. i didnt leak anythig with both my kids till they were born.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• It's possible to leak colostrum as early as the first trimester for some women, though it's more common in the second half of pregnancy. But it's completely normal. And it may get worse as your pregnancy progresses. I would suggest going ahead and getting some nursing pads, it'll keep it from getting all over your bras.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I know it's not milk it's the premilk stuff that's clear and it is leaking that why I'm asking.... Should I get a nursing bra now? Is it normal to be having this leaking out at 28 weeks, etc... I'm freaking out I don't think I got this clear stuff until a week before my daughter was born.... Thanks again for your help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• Thank you dragon :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• I had that happen to me at about 24 weeks, so it's perfectly normal. As far as getting a nursing bra... I would hold that off till you are closer to your due date, that way you have a more accurate size to go off of. Like DragonRiderMD said just get some breast pads and wear them with your normal bras just to soak up any leaking that you do get.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2009