Has anyone's infant had a problem with a certain formula brand?

When I brought my daughter home from the hospital, I began feeding her Enfamil formula. I have recently gotten on WIC and they give out Similac formula so she's been eating that for about a month. About a week ago, she started having very frequent poops and she got a really bad rash. I figured it was the formula so I switched back to Enfamil and she's been eating that for a few days now - what do you know, her rash is clearing up and her poops are back to normal.

Have any of your babies been intolerant of certain formula brands? I thought surely all formula was the same except for the name. I guess I was wrong...what has been your experience?

Pollymom

Asked by Pollymom at 11:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son got constipated with BJ's and Similac brands, didn't like Target brand (and it made his poop stink something awful), and got the runs with Wal-Mart brand. Enfamil and GoodStart were both fine. While the main ingredients of all formula are the same and are very strictly regulated, the fillers can differ (look at the difference in texture between Enfamil and other brands; it only makes sense that they're made differently), and it's the fillers that cause the different reactions.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• yes we tried parents choice "compared to" once and she puked it all up.. was a fun night ugh
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My son got constipated and wouldn't keep nothing down when we fed his SIMILAC SENSATIVE, but then we switched to ENFAMIL GENTALEASE,and from that point on he was fine.
    KiBURi_JRzMoMMy

Answer by KiBURi_JRzMoMMy at 2:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My son cant use any powdered kind no matter waht brand. He can on ly drink the ready to feed...
    angelamarie85

Answer by angelamarie85 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I had the same problem with my daughter. She couldn't tolerate the Enfamil or the Similac formulas so she has been on Nestle Good Start since she was about 2 months old.
    keri41583

Answer by keri41583 at 3:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my twins do great on enfamil but cant keep down neslte good start.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 8:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My twins could not tolerate the regular enfamil so we had to use gentlease. also any soy formula made them constipated. pretty much any other formula brands gave them gas.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 2:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my son strted on Similac in the hospital but then he was changed to enfimil i tried the ready made formula and it gave hm watery pooh so i now use the powder formula and its so much better for him
    astarwasborn929

Answer by astarwasborn929 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2009