Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


so my exs new gf has been threatening me and i dont want her around my kids. one of them my ex is denying altogether (2months old he hasnt seen him in ovr a month requestd dna test when he knows he is his) and he has been inconsistant with his visitation with our 3yr old. he is ordered to take him everyother weekend but only sees him maybe one day out of the month. well now that his gf is threatening me for no reason i am going to file a restraining order to keep her away from me and my family. he is beyond pissed and told me to get a lawyer cause hes going to try and get custody of our 3 year old....if anyone is knowledgeable of child custody issues could you send me a message and ill give you more details to get sum advise on how to handle the situation... or with the brief explanation what do you think? i have anything to worry about?(i been takin car of the kids on my own since he left last year, our divorce was just final

Answer Question

Asked by trystons_mommy at 11:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 14 (1,507 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • we already have a court ordered stipulation giving me full physical and we have joint legal and he has visitation. .....what are the chances of him even getting this to court? the kids are good and healthy and happy with me... they dont even know him!

    Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

  • Don't worry about it you will most likely always end up being the children's primary, unless you are unfit as in doing drugs, in jail or if you do things that are not in the best interest of the children. You get your restraining order on the girlfriend and don't worry about the father getting custody the restraining order will only help your case in court showing that if the father's girlfriend is threatening you the mother then it is probly not safe for the children to be around the girlfriend either she may cause them harm or use inappropriate language around them when refering to you. That is not in the best interest of the child and could be child endangerment. He may need to get rid of his girlfriend if he even thinks he has a chance of getting the children. You can file a motion to modify parenting time on his part as he does not even see the children everyother weekend. They look at parent child relationships aswell


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • Call up some lawyers and see if they offer free consultations and get some advice. Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • Get an attorney, anything can happen. I know someone (a man) who was given sole custody of his son because he had the money to get an attorney and the mom didn't. She didn't do anything that should have taken the child from her, but money won out. Just because there is a court order for visitation doesn't mean it is ordered that the noncustodial parent has to take the child. He or she will not get charged with anything for not visiting. Your best bet is to talk to an attorney.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • GET A LAWYER!! Don't ever assume that because you have been the "better" parent that you will win. You may get a judge that is all for "Fathers Rights" (even if they are crappy fathers) If you can't pay for a lawyer, then call around your public assistance places to find a probono lawyer.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • Find a lawyer. But, if it goes as it should, it's highly unlikely that he'll get custody. The court can also make it in the custody agreement that his gf is not allowed around while your kids are there if they want to. My sisters dad's gf wasn't allowed around her (and me) while we were there and it slowly went to where she was allowed, but it took months for that to happen.

    Answer by MommyLee08 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)