Ever heard of this? Maybe you can help!

ok, I am totally annoyed by those "could I be pregnant??" questions.. but I must as this question and here is the reason..

I had a baby on june 30th .. 4 weeks later my DH and I well, resumed activities, but with a condom.. well, the next week i went and had an IUD put in.. still used a condom a couple times after that just out of nervousness.. and a couple days after I had the IUD put in I started my period.. but that was well over 4 weeks ago.. should I be worried..??? my reason for not thinking this is totally strange is.. when I had my first IUD I ended up losing my period and went almost 2 years without one.. but it took 6 months! Not, 4 weeks.. so.. have you or anyone you know of had this happen to them.. cuz I seriously am torally paranoid..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well I know that your cycles could be irregular because of giving birth. and are you breastfeeding? that could be making a difference too. Since you have been careful I would give it a couple more weeks before getting too concerned. you can always take a test it might ease your mind
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• IUDs are pretty effective. I got one a few weeks after having my son. Once it was taken out, however, I got pregnant the next day (seriously... I am about 14 weeks now... the thing was taken out June 1st).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I had my first IUD put in .. july 06 and my period stopped february 07 and then I had it removed in sept 08, got pregnant oct 2nd.. (3 weeks) .. had my baby. and 5 weeks after got the IUD.. now, i am REALLY nervous.. my DH and i messed around thye week before my post partum visit.. but he used a condom and PULLED OUT.. this is because I am extremely paranoid.. and was just hoping this is all because of having a baby and having the IUD put in.. no spotting, nothing! and .. no, not nursing.. I am sooo freaked out LOL .. I do not want another child at this moment.. but, if I am pregnant I do want a healthy baby and need to make arrangements to have this IUD removed.. thanks for your comments!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 12:18 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• DId they do a pregnancy test before they put in your IUD? It's worth taking a HPT just for peace of mind, but I'm guessing if he used a condom, you're probably safe. Unless it broke, or you put it on after things got started, they're pretty darn effective.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my hubby and i had activitiies ONE time after giving birth to my daughter in january that was after the dr said it was ok to we scheduled to get the implanon and we used protection but it did not work we are due in december but everyone is different take the hpt to ease ur mind
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm surprised they didn't offer you a preg test. They should ALWAYS do that before giving any form of birth control. Did they ask if you had resumed having sex yet?
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm guessing that the first "period" wasn't a period. IUD's have strings and those strings can actually cut you inside which would make you feel like you're having your period. Another thing is that in order to get an iud put in they have to mess with your cervix and uterus. When your uterus is irritated it can cause bleeding which again would make it seem like you had your period.

I wouldn't think your pregnant but it doesn't hurt to buy a dollar store test and make sure.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2009