i am always thirsty.. wtf is this about?

i had a c sec 3 weeks ago, since then i have been thirsty ALL the time and NOTHING will fix it. i am not dehydrated. and i am only taking iron pills. why the sudden unquenchable thirst after the baby? any ideas?

mrsjedwards

Asked by mrsjedwards at 12:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Health

• If you're nursing, that's most likely the culprit. Nursing makes you SOOOO thirsty in the early days! Keep some water or juice handy to sip on while you nurse, it will make all the difference.

Another thing you should be on the lookout for with excessive thirst is diabetes. That's a symptom. If it runs in your family or if you have risk factors you should look out for it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I was just going to ask if you had any problems with gestational diabetes.....??? Or if you have a family history of diabetes? Thats always my first thought when someone has an unquenchable thirst...... you might wanna call your doc monday and see if he thinks he needs to run some labs, just in case your body went a little whacko after the pregnancy
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• diabetes maybe?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• im not nursing, sooo this diabetes crap is kinda freaking me out a little. i had a doc do tests for it a year or two ago because of other symptoms i was having, but it came back good. then my glucose levels were high a few times during the pregnancy so this doc did tests too.. but they also came back good. hopefully this time they will too. thanks :)
    mrsjedwards

Answer by mrsjedwards at 12:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009