School District apologizes over not showing Obama speech...thoughts?

ARLINGTON, Texas — Arlington Superintendent Jerry McCullough issued a statement Friday apologizing for how the district handled President Obama's live speech on Tuesday.

The decision not to show the speech live to school children became particularly controversial after it became known that the district had previous plans to bus about 500 fifth-graders to attend an event with former President George W. Bush. The event, which is scheduled later this month at the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, will be an announcement about a volunteer initiative for the 2011 Super Bowl.

In retrospect, I can see how the district's decisions concerning these two events could be seen as favoring one event over another," McCullough said in his written statement. He later said, "I apologize that my decisions on behalf of the district have disappointed or hurt people."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/politics/story/75271.html

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Litlle too little, little too late.

That's ok, the actions are seen for what they are.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• They have nothing to apologize for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• They have nothing to apologize for.

It's sad that even THEY see it...and you my ANON friend, do not

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:11 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm with Lili--too little, too late.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 12:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• It was never about the speech but about the curriculum that came WITH it! And I dont think they should apologize. This is a completely different situation.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• It's sad that even THEY see it...and you my ANON friend, do not

Your not my friend I like people with more depth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

There was no curriculum with it

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Your not my friend I like people with more depth.

Oh your right then, I'm totally shallow

sweet-a-kins

• Oh your right then, I'm totally shallow

You only post about politics and are fanatical about it I like people who are not defined only by politics like you. Maybe you are more than your politics but on Cafemom that is not the case. People who only focus on one thing like you do are boring and not someone anyone wants to be around eventually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You only post about politics and are fanatical about it I like people who are not defined only by politics like you. Maybe you are more than your politics but on Cafemom that is not the case. People who only focus on one thing like you do are boring and not someone anyone wants to be around eventually.

Maybe your stalking abilities are not so good, so I'll help you out. i belong to two Lost groups, a discuss politics here group, discuss racial issues, Libertarian and Prince fan club...When you see me here in the CURRENT EVENTS AND POLITICS section..that's what I discuss. Would you like some Britney updates?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2009