Any advice for horrible headaches?

I need some help! Anyone have any good tips for really bad headaches that borderline on migraines?

These started when I was about 16 weeks pregnant and I am now 3 weeks postpartum. My doctor was really hoping that having the baby would solve the problem with the headaches. They are so bad that I have to take 2 lortab 7.5 500mg and even that doesn't take em fully away.. just makes them more tolerable.

I've tried everything I can think of. I have a 19 month old, a 3 week old and I start a new job on monday. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated! :) I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Skye-Angel

Asked by Skye-Angel at 12:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Health

• I have heard that sniffing peppermint oil helps.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 12:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• 4 Advil (800 mg) with caffiene at the onset of the headache and for every 6 hours after until the headache is gone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I get migraines and part of my problem was low B12 which is actually common. So I would say pick up some vitamins and if you are unsure about it have your doc test your B12 in your body to see if you are low. Also, make sure you stay hydrated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Alkalanize your system...I drink carrot juice for my migraines and they're from hell, I vomit all the livelong day for 3-4 days...so I've learned...no citrus, no dairy, no tomato's, vinegar, wine etc.....google acidic & alkaline foods...almonds are very alkalanzing as well and so is celery...any medications make the system more acidic than it already is ...works like this: acid causing foods or drugs = an acidic system=inflammation= pain. Carrot juice is better than any "miracle drug" that's ever been prescribed to me...you may not enjoy the taste but you'll enjoy being pain free, I promise~!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Start keeping a food diary or go on an elimination diet. Many migraines are triggered by foods. Common migraine triggers are: chocolate, vinegar, yeast, MSG, cheese, nuts, nitrates

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i would curl up in bed in the dark with the heatingpad on my head...it worked for me...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2009