For those of you who don't vaccinate.

What do you think of the flu vaccine and the new H1N1? Are you going to give those to your kids? If not why? Aren't you worried about your kids catching either one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• no im not, im more worried about the reactions from that vaccine, its too new, but my hubbys military and i read today that they will start vaxing soldiers for it. those deployed and those about to deploy are on the top of the list. i dont think they should give it to them either, but theres no way out of that one that i know of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i meant the reactions from the h1n1 vax, and i personally wouldnt get the regular flu either way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I am not going to be getting either or giving them to my daughter. My Fiance has to have them because he works in the medical field. I honestly don't feel that the benefit of them POSSIBLY keeping her from getting either flu, outweigh the risks involved and the exposure to mercury, aluminum, and countless other harmful chemicals. And don't say they are perfectly safe, because they are not.
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 1:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If one doesn't vaccinate their kids, why would one give flu shots to their kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I was just wondering why do all the anon's have to be smart a$$'s?? I don't vaccinate my child, but with the media blowing all of this out of control sometimes I second guess myself...Just wanted to see what other mothers had to say. I also work in a hospital and I'm going to refuse mine, but they are acting like we're going to have tons of people hospitalized and or die because of the flu...I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out so much this year and they didn't in past years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• What do you think of the flu vaccine and the new H1N1? I think they're both full of chemicals I don't want pumped into my children.

Are you going to give those to your kids?
    Nope.

If not why?
    See first answer.

Aren't you worried about your kids catching either one?
    Sure..., but not any more worried than I am about them catching strep throat or pneumonia or food poisoning.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• The new H1N1 vaccine is very dangerous and barely tested. It's certainly not tested for long term affects. It contains both mercury and squalene (ingredient that caused Gulf War Syndrome). I will not play Russian Roulette with my family's health. It has also been said that the Swine Flu is not really as dangerous or as prevalent as the CDC and WHO would like you to think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Every year there is a different flu or disease that everyone gets all worked up over. Next year won't be any different. Normal healthy people have been getting the swine flu already in my state and they are doing just fine.
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 11:43 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I do vaccinate my kids, but I will still not be giving either of them either the flu or h1n1 vaccines. 1) the swine flu has not proven to be the huge threat that everyone keeps fussing about - it's no worse than the regular flu, just slightly more contagious. 2) the few times I received the regular flu shot myself, I ended up getting sicker than any year I refused it despite being told repeatedly that "the flu shot won't make you sick" 3) by the time the vaccines come out, everyone in my state will already have been exposed to swine flu (it's been going around for over a month already).
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I have six kids and only 2 are fully vaccinated(the oldest).I refuse all vaccines because they are poison!Vaccines have been linked to autism ADHD and various other illnesses.I will never vaccinate and I will do my best to keep my kids safe.
    MommyLove23

Answer by MommyLove23 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2009