My husband wants me to lose 15 pounds.

I'm 5'7" and 125 pounds. When I married him 7 years ago I was 5'7" 115 pounds so yeah I put on 10 pounds in 7 years and have 2 children. I just don't want to lose the weight. I'm not unhealthy and I'm not fat, yet he insists that I look "chunky" plus he wants me to be smaller than I was when we got married? I told him I'm almost 30 and I feel comfortable with my weight, for the first time in my life I feel comfortable and he said that's the attitude fat and lazy people have and my weight will only go downhill from here. I'm so sad. Why do men care what we look like after we've been married? Do you think he married me for the wrong reasons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Let your DOCTOR tell him what an idiot he's being.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• He sounds like a jerk. I think he needs to get over wanting you to lose weight and love you for who you are and not the size of your hips.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• He should not be disrespecting you by telling you to lose weight. If you are comfortable with your weight, he will have to deal. You are not chunky and he should not put you down like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You're almost 30, 5'7" and only 125 pounds and after two kids?!?!? Tell him to get over himself!!! I can't even remember when I was 125 pounds, I'm 5'6" and only 22 and preg with my second!!! He needs to learn it aint' about the looks, but rather what's inside! Ugh!!!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Tell him to go find an a model who starves himself and leave you the hell alone. Frankly I think if you lost that much weight you would look like a skeleton probably with your height be comfortable with who you are. If you are 5'7 with 2 kids and 125 lbs you are the luckiest woman on earth!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• What a jerk! I could understand if you were ALOT over weight to were it was a health issue but he's just being petty! Im also 5'7" and I weigh about 145....I must be a cow to him! lol I dont see myself as fat or even chunky. I could imagine if I were 125 I think I would be too thin (I probably have a larger bone structure than you do) But you need to tell him to mind his own business and get off his high horse and love you for who you are!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Are you kidding me? I'm 5'7' amd I weigh 134 and I look great~! I'm skinny with big boobs and a small butt and a small waist, I mean I look good I'm a size 4, sometimes 6..you are 9 lbs thinner than me...I'm sorry your husband is such an ass, tell him to go screw himself...sounds like you basically did...good for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• It's not weight you should worry about anyway. It's about being toned and healthy. Someone can weight 125 and be flabby of what you would call "skinny-fat" meaning a skinny person with fat, or out of shape body. Instead of worrying about what your husband says, try working out and staying fit and healthy. You won't regret it later. You're at that age that it definitely matters, trust me. Don't diet, don't try to lose weight. Try to keep in shape and be healthy and feel good. That is what's important and if you feel good about yourself then it doesn't matter what your husband says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You are above average for your age. Most women your age are not as thin as you are. I'm 20, 1 kid later I'm in 11 pants and I was a 7 before, so yea. lol. Tell him to get over it, it could be a lot worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You probably need to lose about 165 pounds.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2009