My son doesn't want to sleep in his bed what should I do?

He will do anything and everything to not sleep in his bed. If he wakes up in the middle of the night he gets on the floor and goes back to sleep or goes out to the living room to go to sleep on the couch. He has actually started going to bed earlier than normal the last week or so but never on his bed, he takes his blankets and makes a nest on the floor about 15 min before bedtime and goes to sleep there. If I dont move him, he is still asleep there in the morning, if I put him to bed, he is someplace random in the morning. Advice? Ideas?

auroura

Asked by auroura at 12:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm going to tell you to lay in the bed with him till he falls he falls to sleep. He's a kid with a imagination. Tell him a story about a boy who sleeps in his bed and the bed turns magical or something that ur boy likes and turn it into a bed story. My daughter would only sleep with me and I did that and it worked.
    sarahbearbabyj

Answer by sarahbearbabyj at 1:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• take him with you and let him help pick out bedding for his bed...maybe by him choosing what he wants he could be encouraged to sleep in it!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Let him sleep on the floor in his room, it really is NO big deal. It is a phase that he is going through. Maybe, the floor is more comfortable for him than the bed. My son did that on and off for years and he still sleeps on the floor once in a while (he is 13). I see no issue here.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2009