seperation anxiety or just sick?

my 9 month old DD had a slight cold since wed, well she seemed to pull through and be quite ok so we thought it would be fine to keep our plans with friends out of town, well she went to grandma's and seemed ok then started sniffiling again and screaming and what not, so we went to pick her up,she was tired but happy get her home and she cried a lil after i laid her down and passed out within first 10 minutes, is it just cause she was sick the screaming or partial separation anxiety..

Lovebeingmomto1

Asked by Lovebeingmomto1 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like the cold enhanced a little seperation in her. If she wasn't feeling well, even if it seemed like she was better, she may have not been in the mood to be with anyone other then mom and dad.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I second this :) My kids are both the same way

Sounds like the cold enhanced a little seperation in her. If she wasn't feeling well, even if it seemed like she was better, she may have not been in the mood to be with anyone other then mom and dad.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Yes i agree it is most likely just the cold. My kids were the same way when they were younger. In fact my 4 yr old DD is still like that! When she is sick she gets very clingy and wont be away from DH or me. The only other person she will be with her big brother Nick (they are very close and always have been). But yes as the 1st post said when a child is sick it does sometimes trigger seperation anxiety. For now I would just stay close by her and even if she is seeming better keep an eye on her. Most likely because she wasnt feeling well she didnt want to be away from her mom & dad.
    GL.
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2009