37 weeks and fell on my stomach...

So...I'm 37 weeks pregnant and last night my parents' dog was really excited when I came to visit, tripped me, and I fell on my stomach...not too hard, as I hit knees first. He's been moving totally as normal since then, and I've had no bleeding, pain, or anything abnormal. Do you think any damage could have been done to him at all? Should I have went to the Dr.?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So not telling you this to scare you, but since you fell on your knees first, all is more than likely fine. Normally, they would want you to come in and just be put on the monitor for a little while to make sure you dont start contracting and that the baby is fine. Also, a little problem with the placenta detatching can happen with a fall(thats very bad), so it is normally better to go on in and get checked. Im sure all is fine, you would have known it by now, but if you happen to fall again, please go in. I took a nasty spill when I was 36 weeks and they brought me in for all that stuff, all was fine, thankfully......(if it wasnt fine, it becomes an emergency thing if the placenta seperates or detatches)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• no if u feel okay and the baby is moving it should be fine.. and by now u should be going to the doct every week right?!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 12:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• if everything seems normal with him, and you didnt hurt yourself either, then I dont see any reason for you to go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i would still go to the dr. or atleast call & talk with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• just so that you can be at ease...call your doctor tell them what happened, this way  you don't have to be sitting wondering and stressing your self, it sound and seems that all is good!.God Bless, and all be Well with you and baby boy!

boy kissing mom                                  

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 12:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• "no if u feel okay and the baby is moving it should be fine.. and by now u should be going to the doct every week right?! "

Yea, I go every week, but my next appointment isn't until Tuesday.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• believe it or not the baby is very well protected the question now is are you ok
    my sister was 7.5 months pregnant and she seemed to fall down stairs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• did not mean to go anonymous ( i posted it by accident)
    believe it or not the baby is very well protected the question now is are you ok
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• "did not mean to go anonymous ( i posted it by accident)
    my sister was 7.5 months pregnant and she seemed to fall down stairs "

Yea, I'm totally fine. Granted, at the time I was crying because not only did it hurt, but it scared the hell out of me.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Ehhhh. You're more than likely fine and so is your baby, but if I were you, I'd go in for the routine testing just in case. I mean, it's not going to hurt anything.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2009