Stuck in the middle, don't know where to turn...

Okay, here it goes... My best friend and her husband are having marital problems. It all started when they came into a HUGE lump sum of money, lets just say1 million dollars+... She comes to me with her problems, but I can't say anything to anyone since her husbands nephew is my SO... My SO has been coming to me lately telling me about his uncles problems... So I'm hearing it from both sides and don't know how to take it any more!!! I love my SO and I love my best friend. But how do I tell them polietly that I don't wanna be drug into the middle of this? Because it seems like everyone is coming to me with the problems!!! HELP! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Have a dinner for four and just discuss things. If that's not an option every time she asks for advice just say "I don't know what I'd do in your situation. What are your options?" Then make her figure it out. If anyone else brings up the subject then tell them you don't want to hear about it anymore. They are grown ppl and can figure it out on their own. I'd keep reminding them that it's their life so it's their decision that is important.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I think you should give them both the same advice or just tell them both you don't want to be in the middle of this. You have a life too and you should concentrate on that instead of everyone trying to make you a conscience of theirs.
    sarahbearbabyj

Answer by sarahbearbabyj at 12:53 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Just tell them the truth that you dont want to hear about it.... and if they insist on coming to you ask for the money its gonna cost u for therapy for the issues theyr causin u lol if ur playin therapist you should get paid like one anyway lol
    in reality i dont think theres any easy way to tell them.... just try and stay as unbiased and neutral as possiible. let them know you will lend an ear but wont give advise and wont take any sides.....
    or tell your SO that your stressing about the situation and would rather not be brought into it... he should understand and stand by you and since one side of the story you are getting through him, maybe it will lighten the load without offending your friends.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 12:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I kind of think that all this stress from this situation is what sent me to the hospital yesterday with blood pressure problems, also I'm 12 weeks preg...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• yea tell them u just cant handle this rite now. and CONGRATS!!!! btw :)
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 1:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'd just nicely remind your best friend that her hubby is your so's uncle, and remind your so that his uncle's wife is your best friend. If they don't take the hint from that simple statement, then just point out that those connections put you in a very awkward position, and you really don't want to be in the middle of it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• tell them to seek professional help and you don't want to be in the middle anymore.
    jmsteele87

Answer by jmsteele87 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2009