Do you feel that this is right?

There are some hospitals that have been sued countless times over malpractice. I'm meaning they really are performing malpractice. Not all, of course. Here and there you will see that some just sue to try and get some money, but there are some hospitals that do not whatsoever do their job and have caused many their lives &/or fatal problems. There is one hospital a lawyer told us that had been sued for malpractice 800 times and all were legitimate reasons. For one, they don't fire them or anything. They let them work there. They also don't let you tell anyone about their malpractice. You can get sued for speaking out. Doesn't that go against our freedom of speech? Then it's going against the patient safety promise they are suppose to give you. How are they looking in to your best interest by withholding this information? When you go in to a hospital, wouldn't you want to know if they had a good record for your safety, 0r...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• if they don't do what's required and in the best interest of their patients, and/or only seem to care about their money? Wouldn't you want to know if the hospital has caused, yes caused patients to die or be harmed? Especially several times?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Of course I would want to know. That is just wrong.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Heck yeah that is crazy that after this has happened they can be sued for warning others. That is absolutely insane! I think you should be able to know everything you can about hospitals so you can pick the best one to help you with whatever the situation.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• That is the price a person pays when they sue a hospital. They are signing off their rights to free speech. In order to get their money they have to agree (in some situations, not all) that they will not publicly speak of what the suit was over. It happens all the time in many situations. I just signed off my right to speak of a lawsuit that I'm in with the company that I work for. Thats what I agreed to in order to close the suit.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 1:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I understand the question but then again people are sue happy at times. Dr's. are not god and yes they are human and sometimes they make mistakes. If they are big yes the hospital should take responsibility but why don't they try to settle out of court rather then having the family having to take care of this by filing court papers and all. They should just step up and help the family out any way. But then again the family needs to know that all the money isn't going to bring back any one or help with the pain and all. And for everyone who might get upset with what I wrote. I have lost do to a dr. not watching closely and I didn't sue I realized he could bring them back and it would change anything. I learned to accept and move on never to forget but to be more caution to Dr's.

moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 1:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• "I understand the question but then again people are sue happy at times. Dr's. are not god and yes they are human and sometimes they make mistakes."

That's why I specifically referred to hospitals who actually do perform malpractice, and have been known to several times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• They'd have to PROVE you spoke out in order to sue you. You can tell someone else who can tell someone else and so on. We've got a hospital in our area that I wouldn't take my dog to. They've killed so many people and BLINDED my husband's cousin when she was a newborn by putting her under heat lights without goggles.  They almost killed my son AND my mom!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Money isn't the point. It's the fact that they want you, and everyone else who has suffered from this to keep it a little, dirty secret so it won't interfere with their reputation and cause them to lose some of their big money they're making.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• 1) lawyer told us that had been sued for malpractice 800 times and all were legitimate reasons. Why would you believe a lawyer? They are after money like everyone else.

2)You can get sued for speaking out. Damn straight, especially if you got a settlement. See a settlement doesn't prove guilt. So you "speaking" out against them claiming something that they were never proven guilty of doing is SLANDER!

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• 3) When you go into a hospital wouldn't you want to know if they had a good record for your saftey?Yes, I wish they would treat malpractice claims like they do to investigated childcare centers. Where they HAVE to post it in clear view for all to see for up to 3 years.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2009