Would u be pissed? just curious

i have one son (now 5 months) and my special moment was completely ruined .. i was due april 1st but i was induced april 3rd i was ready to meet my little man but then after i had him and was ready for some bonding time and eceryone was eaving my in laws both stayed not just at the HS w me but they slept n my room (i cant even stand them really) but they stayed THE WHOLE TIME I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL!!! (3days2nights) it was awful what was suppose to b the happiest day of my life was ruined i breastfed at the HS too and i had to get up and shut the curtains just to feed my kid and i was soo sore and upset and i ended up hurting myself and being sore a lot longer than usual am i wrong for being mad about it?

aidensmama8

Asked by aidensmama8 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope, I think it's really rude that they didn't give you some time alone. I'm sure they were just really excited, and maybe thought you wanted company, but still...common sense should have told them that you would want some time to rest and be alone with your new baby.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Oh crap, I didn't realize you posted this on another question, I answered you on my question, lol. Nope, I don't think you are wrong for being mad! I would have been too! Sometimes people need to know when to back off and let mother and child bond alone!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• they stayed in your room? That is just a little weird. If my in-laws tried that (well to be honest they wouldnt they didnt even come to the hospital any of the 3 times we had babies) I would have kicked them out, Im suprised the hospital didnt.

Its one thing for hubby to stay but his parents? that is just strange.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• you should ov told them to leave the room!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 1:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I know it sucked but i didnt want to b rude bc i know its their 1st grandbaby and their other son is w a woman who cant have kids so i felt bad and i was really to exhausted to start a scene my So s mom is a drama queen and turns everything iunto somethin its not and my SO gets defiensive about his dad but im not lettin ne of that crap happen no more i learned my lesson being nicesometime s u have to b a bitch and get what u need
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• F@#$ I would be super pissed. I don't take my big moments being ruined easily. I mean a person only gets a handful of big moment oppurtunities so why can't everything just go your ways on those days.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 1:53 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If that seemed like it might happen to me i would've told them to LEAVE! ...i love my MIL. Really do. i think she's a great person. But she has had to learn not to constantly invade my space and not to take it so personal.
    But if i was in your shoes. Yes. i'd be angry.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:53 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Well I may be the odd ball but I think it is sweet that they stayed with you. It shows they care about you and the baby :)
    I would have put them to work and made them pull the curtain or said excuse me while I feed my son etc.
    Sometimes special moments are special even if they are not exactly as we thought it would be or planned. And it sounds like your son is going to have great grandparents that really care. I know maybe you won’t like this but he is there’s also and I am sure his birth was a day they had dreamed of too. I have a feeling you might get it in another 30 years when you look at your grandchild for the 1st time.
    Good Luck Mama and there are so many more awesome moments to come~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I can't really sympethize with you sorry. While I was in labor and after I had my first son I was a BITCH and I know it. I even kicked my mom out while I was in labor. I'm sorry but no sane pregnant woman who's in labor wants a damn camera shoved in her face.
    I think they should have visited but then went along their marry way. Why didn't your husband say anything?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My sister in law was very overwhelmed because of in laws visiting. She had a sign put on the door by the nurses that she needed to rest and finally got some alone time.
    When I had my daughter there was a teenager that had given birth and had a ton of friends visiting. Ticked me off! They were loud and took over the whole room. They were making prank calls from the hospital phone. I was so tired and felt like heck. Finally after another lady and I had both complained they were kicked out.
    stassy77

Answer by stassy77 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009