what do white people think when they hear non-white people say things like "I had a blonde moment", or "that was soo blonde"? Do they get offended?

Just wondering if it is politically correct. I never say things like that in public or around my white friends because I don't want to offend anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why would it offend people?
    Its ment as a joke in general
    There are black and mexicans that are blonde.
    Bottle blonde but still blonde
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i guess the same way if some1 said something about a different race
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I use to have a friend who would do that! Everytime she did, she'd tug on my hair, lol. She was only joking and I never took offense. I wouldn't take offense to that being said because "blond moment" is just another phrase for "ditzy moment" which I think EVERYONE has regardless of hair color. I think it's funny, to be honest. Whenever I do something silly I'll say "damn I'm having another one of my blond moments", lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Hmmm well I think the proper way to phrase this question would be "what do blondes think when they hear..." I have seen many women asian, black, latina etc with blonde hair.

As a blonde what do I think? well nothing really I say it too lol. When I hear someone saying it in a way that is meant to be rude to a blonde then yes I have an issue with that but in general we all have moments and i just ignore it. I am pretty secure in the fact that just because of my hair color I am not dumb, an idiot, easy, simple minded, or any other wonderful thing people associate with blondes.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Its the same as someone saying they are having a senior moment. Or me, a brunette, saying I'm having a blonde moment. I actually have a flare pin on my facebook page that says "brilliantly brunette, but with many blonde moments". Its all jokes and fun, I seriously have never met someone who has taken offense
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 1:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Wouldn't bother me at all. I think it would be even funnier actually, for someone who couldn't possibly be naturally blonde!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• What does this have to do with the color of your skin? It's a joke, and the reason why is because of the stereotype some blondes have portrayed on television etc. Notice that they tend to have big boobs, they twirl their hair, wear too much pink, and act ditzy. It's mainly because flirty, girly, girls who love attention do kind of act dumb on purpose in front of guys. Really, they do, no matter what their hair color is, and since being blonde and acting that was has been one of the "it" things for years, people started making dumb blonde jokes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I dye my hair blond, and my mom usually says "I think your blond hair is starting to take effect." or "I think that hair dye is frying your brain." lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i used to take offense as a kid and teen b/c some people used to take that stereotype seriously and it would piss me off to be lumped in w/some stupid girl in a movie. now i joke and use it as an excuse all the time when i do something dumb. my 3 yr old has even picked up on it which is kinda funny.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i have nappy blonde hair does that count for anything?
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2009