How do i make friends?

So, i have like ...no friends.
Some times it seems like i might make a friend, and then it just doesnt work out. I almost feel like i'm dating all over again.
I'm an Army wife, but i dont live on base. Well, i just put DSS in pre-school and met another Army wife mom. ...Her DH hasn't been in very long, but I really need some friends.
We've spoken a few times. Now how do i move it past acquaintance casual and into a friendship? We don't usually have time to talk for long, so i wouldn't really have time to build up to it.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:01 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Offer to go to lunch or to coffee. Or invite her over to your home for it.

Most important: LISTEN. I'll again refer to Dale Carnegie...his method of being a great conversationalist and winning friends was to LISTEN to them, more than he spoke himself.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I dont know LOL
    I draw people to me. Iguess I just offer to go hang out and stuff alot.
    The mall is a big thing for me and my friends .
    Maybe suggest going to starbucks or something and hangin out with a cup of coffee for a little while just some girl time ya know
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• hmm. maybe offering coffee wouldn't be so weird if i actually drank coffee. lol
    I feel like i'm such an odd ball. I keep looking for things in common with other ppl and often times i can only find ONE thing but it's never really enough to build a REALLY good friendship from. ya know?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Starbucks has tea too LOL
    Im an odd ball. LOL
    Im so weird it isnt funny but even "normal" people like me lol I think it is because I make them laugh.
    Do you get your nails done?
    That could be a little thing too.
    Just see about maybe a ladies day or night out .
    that usually can be the ticket
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:11 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• No. I dont get my nails done. ...i really am an odd ball.
    I am an Army wife. But i live Green. And i'm Pagan. ...so ...it really kinda puts me out there. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• don't get stuck to much on one mom create yourself a network search for a local moms group
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Where do you live?
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I live in Shasta County.
    There's no military bases up here and 98% of the people are Christian or claim Christian. Way more conservative then the rest of California. ...i'm very lonely. : (
    DH is deployed. and my mom died in April. ...

In high school it was soo easy to make friends.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• oh my oustandinglove... no wonder you feel like your outside... Redding is not far and very Christian... I hope to visit there someday and visit Bethel Church :-)

Op to make friends you need to be one. Its hard I know but just be who you are and let it just flow. take it one step at a time.
    I never had many friends growing up even now its a few. I am one of those people that is satisfied with just one close friend and the rest are just friends or acquaintances. Relationships take work to maintain which is why I do not have many friends! I cannot keep up with all of them!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes. Redding is where i live.
    Pagans are few and far between here. Army or military is also not common to find here. ...and although lots of people are going green ...i tend to be a bit more extreme then the mainstream greeners. lol (not that i'm as crazy as SOME of the CM ladies here lol. ...some of these green ladies are like ...way radical)

I've been to Bethel Church. Good people there. Very large church but i don't think it's lost it's Christful meaning. They used to do Wednesday mass or something. I loved to go there for praising. Everyone is so thankful and loving for the Creator. It's a beautiful thing.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2009