35 weeks and im so ready to have this baby!!!

So here is my rant of the day. I went to the dr last week, and he told me as long as I make it to the 25th of this month, they wouldn't stop labor because it would put me at 37 weeks according to the sono. But I am in so much pain, I literally want to crawl into a ball. I have been having contractions off and on, dr hasn't checked me yet, but I checked (my aunt who is a delivery room nurse told me how) and I think im dilated to around a 2. I have so much pressure down there, and I can hardly walk! Im up every hour at night to pee, and I didn't have this with my DD until the very end. Im really hoping the end is near, and if he makes it at least one more week, maybe the wont stop it. Im so ready to get this kid out of me!!! :)

Thanks for listening.

emmas_mama07

Asked by emmas_mama07 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• go swimming youve got about another week 2cm it'll take a few more days
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I know the feeling sweets! I'm only 33 weeks and I didn't feel like this with my last 2! The pain is crazy! I feel your pain! Do what I do, just keep thinking in your head "it's almost over". I repeat that over and over. Are morning the worst for you? The first time I stand up in the morning I have to sit right back down and it doesn't matter how slow I stand up.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Did your aunt mention that the more babies we have, the more intense we feel all the symptoms? And that cervix progression won't tell you when baby will come? (It's irrelevant.)
    ;-)

I know it's hard~ imagine feeling this way for 6 more weeks, BTDT... uhhgh.
    :-(

So what can you do to get more comfortable & distracted? Take care of yourself so that you can do this for your baby's sake.
    Can you see a chiropractor, get a massage, go to classes for prenatal yoga/water exercise (ahhhh~), get acupuncture or acupressure, etc.?

The complaints~ pressure and pee, are really common, normal. Maybe baby will come soon, but maybe not. IF not, then working to do all you can to get through is the priority! :-)
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• doulala nailed it on the head.

Sorry, but this is normal for subsequent children. And dilation means NOTHING. I was dilated to 5cm for weeks w/ my 3rd baby and she was my longest labor to date. (I'm currently due with my 4th.)

Make sure you're drinking lots of water to reduce swelling and try sleeping with lots of pillows to ease up on the nighttime soreness.

You're almost there!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'd do everything in my power to help the labor progress, and when your contractions are in full swing, go to your hospital and say "Look, the baby is read to come out, I don't want you to try and stop labor". Just try and decide whats more important to you. Those extra few days in the belly could be the deciding factor in whether or not the baby needs to spend time in NICU before you get to go home :(. Good luck. And I'm 35 weeks on monday....you aren't the only one sista!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 5:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I know you are uncomfortable, but don't wish for that little one to enter the world too soon. Babies need to cook until about 37 to 40 weeks. Preterm babies have many complications. Hang in there.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:10 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I feel your pain...literally. I'm currently 39 weeks with baby #4 and I've been in pain for a while now. I just have to remind myself that it will be worth it all in the end.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 9:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Thanks ladies. And ya I have been told that dilating doesn't mean anything... I have been dialated at a one since 26 weeks. Oh well, a few more weeks and my little man could be here!
    emmas_mama07

Answer by emmas_mama07 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009