How dumb is this ?

Okay so my husband grabbed the mail when he got home from work and unknown to me my drivers liscense is suspended! It's been suspended for 2 days now from a fine of 15.00 that i forgot to pay in 2007 open a happy little can of wtf? since 2007 and your suspending my liscense now. I don't have the slightest clue what traffic violation would of given me a fine of 15.00 I know i didn't get any parking tickets etc... I have a 6 month old son and now they suspend my liscense? Okay this is really a vent but have any of you had this dumb shit happen to you? oh yeah i live in the wonderful state of ohio btw.

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I get parking violations alot because I can't park worth a crap, lol. I haven't had my license suspended but I can imagine if I were you, I'd be pissed. I'd go to the BMV and find out just what the hell happened and why you weren't told sooner and to find out exactly what you were fined for!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Wow
    Id be on the phone talking to someone about that
    that is odd.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I've never heard of that. that's crazy!
    my ex owed a couple hundred dollars due to speeding tickets and what not and they didnt suspend his license ...
    well, not until he got caught smoking weed in his truck. but that's different.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• yeah the most messed up thing about it is the nearest reinstatment proessing center is 2 hours away with the other one 4 hours away. So i can't even pay it at my local bmv i have to mail it in and wait a week, i even tried to pay it on the website, atleast until i can figure out what the he** it's for i need my liscense! my husband is a coal miner and very seldom home to do any errands for me!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I understand that your used to having your license and driving from point A to point B but I have to tell you i live in a very small town and I haven't drove anywhere in 3 years i walk and take the Bus places. I have a 16 month old. Im sure until you get this taken care off you will be fine doing things a little different. Or you can just be really careful and drive without a license (which i don't think is a good idea.) I would have thought they would have sent you a letter stating that your license would be suspended on this date till you pay this amount. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry. I agree that is really crazy. Have you tried contacting anyone to see what it's about?

BTW I LOVE Ohio! I lived in the Cleveland area for a few years.
    prdill08

Answer by prdill08 at 3:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• thank you for your imput bus ridding mommy, but i live in the country and can't get to any bus stops I'd probaly have to walk 10 miles plus to find a bus.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2009