headaches, high blood presure, 24yrs old????wth

Ok i need my lady cafemommys help to the best you can. Any knowlwdge, simular experiences, anything. Ok im 24yrs old and i have been suffering for 1yr with excruciating headaches behind my right eye 1 to 2 times a month that last 3-4days straight. Everytime they come on the next one is always worse then the last, this last one, made me dizzy, my balance was off, and for the first time the headache increased with sleep. Ok so im a mom of 3, with my 2nd baby i had gestational diebetes so my first thought is get a glucouse monitor and check my sugars, ok so as im going to the glucose monitors at walmart, i see the bloodpresure machine, so i sit and take my blood presure, it was 140/100. Bad. And i have randomly checked my blood presure for a couple of yrs just to check it, and it has always been like that or slightly lower or higher, never normal. Checked my sugars they were perfect so that 30 bucks went down the drain.

jesusgirl99

Asked by jesusgirl99 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Health

• There are multiple potential causes. Just because your blood sugar was okay once does not mean your money was a waste....check it over time. You could also be having ocular migraines. High blood pressure can definitely cause headaches, but your numbers are really not as high as normally associated with those headaches and from my experience, they tend to be a banding type headach all around the head. Glaucoma can cause eye pain. The bottom line is that you need to see a dr sooner than later. DO NOT WAIT....there are some conditions that can be treated if you come in sooner. Please, do not wait.
    tomatoqueen

Answer by tomatoqueen at 7:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• cont? so im left at a lose. And yes i am going to a clinis tomorow, which brings me to my next question. Take care clinic, urgent care, clinic,where should i go? and can i go even if i knolonger have the headache i fell stupid going while the headaches not even there anymore. please i pray someone can shed some light. please dont be rude
    jesusgirl99

Answer by jesusgirl99 at 3:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You need to get to a doctor right away. this does'nt sound good at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I don't think it really matters which type of clinic you go to. Even if you do not have a headache go get the blood pressure issue checked. It will be ok, it could be something the doctors will want to try and fix with diet and proper exercise and rest. But yea, even without the headache get it checked out.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Go as soon as your headache comes back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Could it just be a sinus infection? hoping
    jesusgirl99

Answer by jesusgirl99 at 3:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i have severe hbp. I am on three diff meds just to keep it under control...my bp when not on meds tends to run around 200/110. and i used to get headaches ALL THE TIME...once i started on the BP meds, i hardly get headaches anymore...so its very possible your headaches are related to your high BP...get checked! and no it doesnt matter what clinic you go to, they can treat you just the same as a reg doc.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• This could be from birth control pills, you could be sensitive to sodium, you may have had a recent weight gain, it could be genetic.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You need to see the doc. It sounds like a cluster headaches. I would think the pain and stress of the headache plus any meds you might have taken could be the cause of the increase in bloodpressure. Doc will probably wnat you to watch it. also, those machines you used are not the most accruate, either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009