question for those who had preeclampisa...advice plz

did u get induced when u started showing signs of it?? or did the doc wait til close to ur due day? i have preeclampsia and its been mild so far.. i will be 37 weeks on sunday.. i have been gettin alot of headaches that seem like they wont go away...sometimes its hard for me to focus on anything... but today i checked my blood pressure and i called labor and delievry and the nurse said that my bp was mild and to just stay home in bed.. which i have been since i got it... my doc wont be back in til tuesday... any advice?? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mom had it with both my brother and I. She ended up having an emergency Csec with both of us. But that was over 20 yrs ago. You're far enough along that you should be just fine even if you were to be induced tonight. I would actually still call your ob's office. They should have an after hours answering service that will get ahold of the doctor on call and they can give you a more definitive answer.
    Common Sense says that the nurse is probably right. I would call and with the docs ok just rest up. but if you start to feel any worse go into L&D and have them check your cervix and all of the other routine screening when you have preec.

Just so you know I had HORRIBLE migraines with all 3 pregnancies. And I was in "Pre-Labor" for over a month with all of them as well. That may be the reason your bp is a little elavated. And hey if your bp isn't just a little elevated but alot elevated than I'd skip the doc call all together
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• And go into l&d. Once you're checked in they can actually look at your file. Instead of just a generic answer over the phone.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i had it, and was eventually put on best rest for the last month
    theyput my in the hops to induce me but didnt have to labor started on its own, then i ended up with an emergency c section all of tis was1 1/2 weeks early
    monitor your bp and call doc when ever you feel something is not right, even if you feel like you are bugging them, thats what they are there for :)
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I was in the hospital for about 2 weeks w/ it before they thought it was bad enough to take dd c-section. They didn't want to induce and risk my health nor baby's.
    I remember them getting me to lay down on my right side, for some reason they say it helps with the BP. I had headaches like crazy but they gave me meds for that.
    That's what I remember about it.
    Good luck!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 10:26 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I was put on bedrest for the last month and a half of my pregnancy. Had to check BP every day and call in if they got over a set number. OB had me hold out until 37 and 1 day. She didn't induce me because she was worried about the stress of an iduction on my already elevated bp and the baby. So I had a scheduled C-section, never even experienced labor. Good luck momma, lay on your left side and try to avoid salty foods!
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 10:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I was on bed rest for the last month and then induced at 37 weeks. I was in labour for fourteen hours but it didn't progress so I had a c-section. Gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Six pounds 12 ounces. She is now a beautiful nine year old girl thrilled that she will have a little brother or sister in a few months!
    stassy77

Answer by stassy77 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009