quick. What do I look for?

my son just fell off the bed. Other than being startled fully awake, he seems fine. What should I look for to be sure? He didnt bump his head or anything like that, I just want to watch him and be sure he is okay before we go back to bed.

he is 6 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• OP: before someone says it, I am not opposed to going to the ER if we need to, it is literally a two minute drive.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Is he crying? How is acting? Keep him up for an hour and watch him if he is acting fine then go back to bed, How do you know that he did'nt bump his head?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• OP: I know he didnt bump his head because a) of the way I had put him on the bed and we keep the floor clear and b) the way he landed (on his belly)
    He cried for a quick second and then stopped as soon as I picked him up. He looked at me like "woah, I dont wanna do that again" and started rubbing his eyes again to go back to sleep. Right now he is playing with my water bottle in my lap and nursing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You know he sounds like he is fine and he is eating. I don't think you have anything to worry about I would just let him eat and put him down and you go back to sleep also. Good Night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• A sign of concussion is different sized pupils, vomiting.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• if he is not crying nd eating then i would say he is fine but if it makes you feel better then go to the er
    i hope evverything is ok .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• children fall out of thier beds all the time :) hes showing no signs of anything...let him go back to bed and get some rest yourself mommy!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• The best thing to do is call your doctor. They can tell you things to look for. My oldest son (who's now almost 5), fell down several stairs onto a wood floor when he was that age. (He'd just started crawling). I called the dr to see what they said and they gave me a list of things, but I can't for sure remember what they said enough to feel comfortable giving you advice.
    MDMomof2Cuties

Answer by MDMomof2Cuties at 7:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• did he start crying right away(thats a good sign hes ok) look for throwing up,acting dizzy kind of.just dont let him go to sleep for a 2 hours
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• As long as he didn't lose consciousness then he should be fine. Watch him for an hour, If he starts getting lethargic or starts vomiting then I would take him to the ER but otherwise he will be fine.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2009