Sex and pregnancy; is there any way to make it easier for me to want to have sex during the last month of pregnancy?

I've been looking for reading or tips on this subject for just about the whole pregnancy. Everyone always offers up position advice which on one hand is great - there's certain positions that just aren't comfortable anymore - but on the other hand my issue runs a little deeper than what position we're in. I'm just not sure how to handle all of these changes in my body and how to relate to my hubby sexually right now despite my insecurities. I would like to enjoy sex and let him enjoy sex but I don't know how. Does anyone have advice on how to make having sex easier emotionally? Is there any reading online available? I don't want to put any more strain on our relationship than I have to for these last 5 weeks before the due date. . .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you really don't want to and/or don't feel comfortable with it, I'm not sure there's anything you can do. You can try doing the romantic thing, it might work. But for me, nothing worked, I just didn't feel it. Explain to your husband what's going on and that it's nothing personal against him. And when your hormones regulate again after giving birth (it could take several months, but it'll happen), you should go back to normal again.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• try the whole "first time" idea
    like candles soft music strawberries and cream
    make it all about the connection before making it physical
    have him rub your body and soft kisses

that should get you in to it more lol
    my husband did it for me :)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• This won't conquer the emo part. But have you thought about watching porn to get you physically in the mood? I would also ask your doc about books that they recommend but from what I've read it's completely normal to have little to no sex drive in your last trimester. All the hormones had the opposite effect on me I wanted it more than he could give it. Have you thought of maybe just trying to please him with oral or hand jobs? Maybe a shower together. Intimacy doesn't just have to be sex. It's actually very important to have other avenues of it.

If your hubby is in anyway a decent guy he'll just be supportive of you during this time. Whether you feel like having sex or not he won't push it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2009